Comparing text from two different books of the Bible

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Jas | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:24 PM

Hello

I have opened two different Text Comparison boxes and have them on my screen side by side as a "float."

Because I have four Bibles selected in my parallel view, it shows me all the different versions.

However, I only want to see; for example, the NRSV of a verse to compare it to another NRSV version of the same verse but in a different Bible version.  Am I forced to delete all the versions I have set up for my parallel viewing in order to see this just as one verse displayed?

Thanks in advance,

Posts 3757
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:51 PM

Welcome to forums.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say comparing a verse in the NRSV with another version of the NRSV "of the same verse but in a different Bible version."

But there are some options.

You can create a collection (or collections) with the bible(s) you want to compare your main bible to. That collection(s) will appear in the drop down of the text comparison pane.

You could create a layout with the bibles you want to compare linked. 

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:08 PM

Also, if you want to see a lot of different verses from just the NRSV you can create a passage list.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:22 PM

thats going to be a little difficult. So open your 'first' version on the left side, open the 'second' version on the right side. then have them set to link 'c' then when you scroll one the other will follow....

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 5
Jas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2013 5:24 PM

Thank you

My apologies, I meant to say comparing NRSV to NIV or NRSV to any other version of the Bible.

I prefer to only have one version displayed at a time when I compare it to another Bible.

Posts 5
Jas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2013 5:25 PM

Thank you

I meant NRSV in comparison to any other version of the Bible...

Posts 5
Jas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2013 5:26 PM

Thank you,

I meant NRSV to compare to any other version of the Bible.

How do I create a passage list?

Posts 5
Jas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2013 5:29 PM

Thank you

I meant NRSV and any other version of the Bible

Your statement helps much once I see how to select the link "c"

Blessings,

Posts 22532
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2013 5:45 PM

Jas:

Thank you

I meant NRSV and any other version of the Bible

Open in a Floating Window and the bible text will be side by side (right click Text Comparison in the Tools menu to do this).

To change bibles, type something in place of the other bible e.g. NASB, and hit the Enter key.

When you are working in the NRSV hit the F7 key for a quick comparison!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 476
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2013 6:20 PM

What verses are you looking at?

If you use "Parallel Passages" in the Passage Guide, you can find resources that show certain passages in parallel, and some of them you can actually choose the Bible Version.

For example, David A. Jones' Old Testament Quotations and Allusions in the New Testament, or A. T. Robertson's A Harmony of the Gospels.

Posts 1
Robert G. Rea | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 6 2015 4:01 AM

Thank You, I just did what you said and it worked wonderfully.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.