When I try to load Exegetical Fallacies, it crashes Logos 5.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Dr H | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:50 AM

When I try to load Exegetical Fallacies, it crashes Logos 5. 

This is a recently purchased book, earlier this week.

I have checked all new files, but other books still open correctly

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:05 AM

I just tried mine which was a recent purchase and it opens fine.

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 9:53 AM

Hello Dr H,

I've moved your thread to the Logos 5 forum. I've also had a look at your logs and it appears we're having trouble with the display, maybe. It's really hard to tell because the specific problem occurs from outside of Logos (External Component exception).

Does this occur with any other books?

I think my best suggestions would be to run Windows Update and update your Video Card or device drivers. If you're using an nVidia or AMD/ATI card, I'd suggest downloading the driver directly from them, otherwise see your manufacturer's website for drivers.

And if that doesn't work, I'd like to have you call in for more direct troubleshooting.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 3
Dr H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:31 PM

Mike,

Thanks  for the reply. Being an on programmer and web developer, the first thing I think of is what has changed.  I bought several books by D. A. Carson on special and they all work.  Only Exegetical Fallacies crashes with the screen that says Logos Bible Software 5 has stopped working.

So it might be any of the things you mentioned. But I am more inclined to think the file I downloaded is corrupted.  Can it be re-downloaded?

Dr H

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:13 PM

Yes it can be downloaded again. First though, you need to hide this particular resource and then close and restart Logos. Once it has restarted, you simply need to unhindered it which will trigger a new download.

http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 15 2013 8:40 AM

Hi Dr. H,

Rick's instructions will allow you to re-download the book. If that doesn't work, one of our developers spotted this thread and he'd like to have you create a Process Dump to get more detail about what might be occurring outside the Logos process. From the SEHException, he's fairly certain something is going wrong in our C++ code when it interacts with your computer. The dump may help us determine if there is something we can code around, or possibly an update or workaround we can direct you to.

You'll find the ProcessDump tool here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx

To use with Logos, follow the instructions below.

1. Unzip the contents of that file to a new folder on your hard disk.
  2. Open a command prompt. In that command prompt, enter the following commands (replacing “UNZIPPATH” with the full path to where you unzipped the procdump file.
  3. cd UNZIPPATH
  4. procdump -e -x Logos.dmp "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\System\Logos.exe"
  5. ProcDump will ask you if you accept the license agreement; click the I Agree button.
  6. Logos will launch (but no splash screen will be displayed); wait for it to open, which may take longer than normal.
  7. Perform the action that caused the crash. When the crash happens, the program will seem to hang while debugging information is collected. If prompted to close Logos, close it.
  8. Open Windows Explorer to the UNZIPPATH folder. There should be a file named Logos.dmp.
  9. Zip up the Logos.dmp file and email the zip file with your logs to tech@logos.com or attach it to a reply on this thread (may be too large to attach).

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS