Anybody seen this yet? I received it this am from Rejoice

Page 3 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 96 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1081
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:15 AM

John Fallahee:
If I included a non-interactive video with the interactive videos would you want the product?

The short answer would be Yes! definitely.

BobbyTerhune:

I am not a beginner and I could see that the pace that you go in, in the interactive mode could wear me down a bit. My main reason for ordering your product was to get a grasp of the "new" way of doing things in Logos 4.

Did you see the videos on Mark Barnes web site? In my opinion these are the best out there, and opened the power of Logos up to me in a wonderful way.

My thoughts exactly.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 34
John Fallahee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:55 AM

Your feedback is awesome! I will create a set of non-interactive videos alongside the interactive videos.

I will send these out free of charge to existing and new customers of the interactive videos when they are completed (very soon).

Posts 1081
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 9:06 AM

John Fallahee:

Your feedback is awesome! I will create a set of non-interactive videos alongside the interactive videos.

I will send these out free of charge to existing and new customers of the interactive videos when they are completed (very soon).

What a response!

Many thanks John.

My order is now on its way as well.

OOops! I can only order If I am in the US/Canada but not the UK  (at least at http://www.learnlogos.com/store/). Is there another way to order?

Regards

Martin.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 34
John Fallahee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 9:11 AM

You are welcome! Hey..."The Customer is Always RIGHT!"Big Smile

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:40 AM

John Fallahee:

Thanks John! What a great service. I look forward to receiving your tutorials.

Posts 3771
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:13 AM

liked the visual filter video, John.  That helped!

I noticed that you don't really have to move you mouse to the exact spot . . . you can just "tap/click" etc, and <enter> is all you need instead of typing in the word.

I think going through the motions reinforces things, but if you are more in a hurry, you can save time by doing the "short cut" way.

None the less, love the video and the price!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:49 AM

Does anybody have a problem with John directing traffic away from Logos.com for the purpose of selling something? Making money?

What is the difference between this and the iPhone SMS app spam we kept getting? Don't give me the excuse it is about Logos software so the end justifies the means. Lot's of "third-party" training videos have been produced but nobody else is hocking their wares in the forum for money.

This is bad form

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:56 AM

Matthew C Jones:
What is the difference between this and the iPhone SMS app spam we kept getting? Don't give me the excuse it is about Logos software so the end justifies the means.

If Logos doesn't have a problem, I don't have a problem. So far, it looks like Logos doesn't have a problem...

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:07 PM

Original post deleted: - Because I was just TOO right in what I said! Big Smile (But not sweet in how I said it.)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:11 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Does anybody have a problem with John directing traffic away from Logos.com for the purpose of selling something? Making money?

What is the difference between this and the iPhone SMS app spam we kept getting? Don't give me the excuse it is about Logos software so the end justifies the means. Lot's of "third-party" training videos have been produced but nobody else is hocking their wares in the forum for money.

This is bad form

I'm not crazy about it.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:11 PM

Matthew C Jones:

This is bad form

Obviously Logos hasn't asked him to stop doing so.  Probably because his training increases the use of their product.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:13 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Maybe because the "Report Abuse" key isn't working.

Supposedly "Report Abuse" is working now.  Though I haven't had the opportunity to try it out.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:14 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Matthew, I would normally bristle against this as you are, but I'm keeping in mind that the OP is not John. 

Joan Korte asked about these videos and John showed up after many other posts in order to answer some queries and provide a test drive.  So far I've felt that the seven posts he has made have not been unbecoming.  The first post was a response to general queries, the second to a wiki request.  The third - Seventh were all responses to specific issues, and all of them tied to Joan's original question. 

So far no problem IMHO.  Now then if John starts creating threads just to talk about his videos, I'll have a problem. 

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 34
John Fallahee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:18 PM

Hi Matthew,

It was never my intention to use the forum in the way you described. The thread started with Joan posting a special Christmas offer from rejoice software.

However, many users were asking a lot of questions and I jumped in to address the questions. The discussions have been helping most eveyone.

Thanks,

John

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:24 PM

Thomas Black:

Matthew, I would normally bristle against this as you are, but I'm keeping in mind that the OP is not John. 

Joan Korte asked about these videos and John showed up after many other posts in order to answer some queries and provide a test drive.  So far I've felt that the seven posts he has made have not been unbecoming.  The first post was a response to general queries, the second to a wiki request.  The third - Seventh were all responses to specific issues, and all of them tied to Joan's original question. 

So far no problem IMHO.  Now then if John starts creating threads just to talk about his videos, I'll have a problem. 

I'll go along with that if John first contacted Logos (since he's a former employee, I'm sure he can do that) and respected their wishes. Since only he and Logos would know if he's done that (because nothing thus far has been said) each person's response should be left up to their own conscience and the prompting of the HS, IMO.

Sorry John, don't mean to talk about you in the 3rd person while your listening :-)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:27 PM

-deleted  by poster (waste of space.)

Posts 34
John Fallahee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:39 PM

Hey no problem on chattin' in the 3rd person.

If anyone wants to chat offline my email: ilovelogos4@learnlogos.com

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:44 PM

John Fallahee:
However, many users were asking a lot of questions and I jumped in to address the questions. The discussions have been helping most eveyone.

John,

I am truly interested in your videos. (I am a rabbid Logos fan and even prefer drinking from Logos cups over my Starbucks cups.) I clicked the link in this thread and it didn't go anywhere. I started wondering if they have been disabled by SysAdmin, because they were of a sales nature. When Dan Pritchett first started posting on the forums he explained how external links drive down search engine statistics. This, as you know, drives customers to competitors.

I applaud you for supporting Logos software. I just wish the references to your website (and others) had not been posted as links.

CakeSometimes my over zealous hyperbole torches the whole birthday cake when I try to light the candles. No personal insult intended.

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:45 PM

Matthew C Jones:

This is bad form

I had been thinking the same thing... just had not said it, so I'll second this quote.

Posts 1135
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:53 PM

Thomas Black:

I did start the thread as Thomas has stated.  I had no communication with John-- My original intent was to post a notice informing Logos Bible software users about a tutorial that would be available to purchase related to version 4.  I was not actually promoting the tutorial since I had only seen one short clip.  Hey, when it comes to L4, my attitude is "all hands on deck", meaning I need all the help I can get and if John Fallahee has a novel approach and the cost was very reasonable, I wanted the product.  Smile  I'll buy Morris Proctor materials when they come out; I watch Mark Barnes-repeatedly; John Fidel, again, repeatedly.  Logos videos in Training-repeatedly.

It was all about Logos Bible software and so not off topic.  (I was glad John Fallahee joined in and gave more information.)  I think if I was talking up another Bible software package on the Logos forums, that would be wrong.  My purpose is to advance the use of L4.  If I have overstepped forum boundaries, then I am sorry.

Page 3 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS