Video demonstrating my favorite layout for expository study

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 707
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 10:15 AM

John,

Just wanted you to know that your tip on using the Word by Word section of the Exegetical Guide has revolutionized how I am using L4.

If I were Logos, I would make this section its own tool and promote as an alternative to Sympathetic Highlighting.

I was a bit underwhelmed by Sympathetic Highlighting because it is not as responsive as Accordance with its hover highlighting.

The Word by Word highlighting is competitive if not a bit better with its one click access to more Word study resources.

Thanks for your work on this.

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 11:09 AM

John,

I want to thank you and the others who have made videos showing us how to take full advantage of the new L4 layouts and other features.  You guys are a tremendous help to us who are new users of L4.  Keep up the fantastic work.  May God richly bless you for your efforts.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 11:19 AM

Russ Quinn:
If I were Logos, I would make this section its own tool and promote as an alternative to Sympathetic Highlighting.

It would be truly great to see this integrated as an option for the Text Comparison window.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:07 PM

John,

Did you have to do anything special to have certain tools open up in certain areas of the workspace? For example, you mention that the far right is where you have grammars open.  Then you open a grammar from the MEG and it opens on the right.  Did you have to set that up, or is it automatic?

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 1:56 AM

Hey Fred,

From what I've seen; L4 is designed to TRY and open "like resources" in their respective locations...commentaries with commentaries, bibles with bibles, lexicons with lexicons.

I just double checked using John's layout; yes...every "Greek Grammar" sort of resource that I clicked on in the EG opened up on the right "lexicon" pane.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2236
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:27 AM

Hi Fred,

It is automatic. Logos 4 tries to group texts together. The layout has reports on the left, so they open there automatically, bible texts in the center so they open there automatically and the other resources on the left. The system is not always perfect, but in this layout it works.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 1:51 PM

Thanks, Guys!

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS