Help translate Logos 5 into another language!

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 4
Elias Okkonen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 3:35 AM

Do TitleCases really have to be Title Cases? I mean it's not proper Finnish. I guess there's some kind of technical reason for this and they really have to be Title Cases?

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 10:55 AM

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to God and for this initiative!!

Posts 49
LogosEmployee
Chris Robbers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 21 2013 5:16 PM

Elias Okkonen:

Do TitleCases really have to be Title Cases? I mean it's not proper Finnish. I guess there's some kind of technical reason for this and they really have to be Title Cases?

They often do not. Use whatever would be most appropriate for the language.

Posts 49
LogosEmployee
Chris Robbers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 21 2013 5:19 PM

Indonesian, Tagalog, and Vietnamese have been added. Keep those translations coming, and a big thanks to those who have already contributed.

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 21 2013 7:10 PM

I hope to see one day,Amharic and Tigrinya Bibles fully integrated in Logos format.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 14
Matt Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 4:31 AM

Another two cents on Chinese translations - (sorry) - yes the characters may be freely interconverted back and forth between simplified and traditional script freely, but there are terms that will be viewed as between odd to just plain wrong by various groups of people, ie mainlanders vs Taiwanese, Cantonese, or Hong Kong residents (Western influenced region with lots of pop culture and rapidly changing expressions).  Keep in mind that the Chinese region comprises lots of people who, though they have a common written script (with a recent modification), have had centuries of lo tech living to develop different ways of speaking...  A common thing that I see with children's books in Chinese is that they will apparently be written by a non mainlander and will then generate lots of fairly harsh criticism from Chinese teachers on the mainland (some cultural norms come into effect here).  So it's important to know where your translator is coming from if you allow them to lead a project...  They may be native speaking, but a slightly different native, with varying levels of sensitivity to speakers from other areas, and a varying sensitivity to vocabulary changes over time, though this is less critical for a UI than for literature, of course.

Posts 80
EX | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:38 AM

Wow big difference between Traditional and Simplified Chinese! Do we want Logos to be translated into British English, Scottish English and Australian English as well? If you want proof for these differences? Go google it.

Surely there are differences between Traditional and Simplified Chinese (just like any local dialect), but it is not astronomical.

PCA Church
L4 Platinum, L5 Reformed Platinum, L6 Reformed Diamond, Reformed Studies XL, Platinum, Logos Now

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:47 AM

KevinC:

Wow big difference between Traditional and Simplified Chinese! Do we want Logos to be translated into British English, Scottish English and Australian English as well? If you want proof for these differences? Go google it.

Surely there are differences between Traditional and Simplified Chinese (just like any local dialect), but it is not astronomical.

Since you have such a low post count, supposed ability to read in Simplified and Traditional (as if that were some indication of expertise), and you obviously like "proof", I would urge you to support your conclusions and limit your observations to Chinese, and keep in topic.

Posts 19198
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:05 AM

Tes:

I hope to see one day,Amharic and Tigrinya Bibles fully integrated in Logos format.

Tes, this thread has to do with translating the User Interface of Logos.

Posts 278
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:48 PM

Today I have translated Simplified Chinese to 8%. hahaBig Smile

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 9:22 PM

Rosie Perera:

Tes:

Tes, this thread has to do with translating the User Interface of Logos.

OK.thank you Rosie.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 80
EX | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2013 10:21 AM

If what I said is false, there is no need for argumentum ad hominem.

人身攻擊? 还是。。。人身攻击?

And, keep in topic.

PCA Church
L4 Platinum, L5 Reformed Platinum, L6 Reformed Diamond, Reformed Studies XL, Platinum, Logos Now

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2013 5:47 PM

Not ad hominem. You're talking about Scottish English, Australian English, etc.

这也扯得太远了吧。别一上這裡耍大牌,要人家證明什麽……你提Scottish English能證明什麽?天下有多少軟件有Scottish English,又有多少軟件有繁簡之分,甚至有中港台之分?

销往全世界的电脑产品的标签,你读过吗?

所谓人身攻击只存在你的幻想里。I would urge you to support your conclusions and limit your observations to Chinese, and keep in topic. 这句客气的英语够清楚了。

This is an English forum. Here is it, translated:

You're really stretching it. Don't come up here and pretend to be someone big, to want somebody to prove something to you. And what do you hope to prove by bringing up Scottish English? How many software programs have Scottish English? And how many programs are differentiated into Simplified and Traditional Chinese, even localized into Mainland Chinese, Hongkong Chinese, and Taiwan Chinese?

Have you ever read the label of a computer product meant for worldwide sale?

The so-called personal attacks only exist in your imagination. "I would urge you to support your conclusions and limit your observations to Chinese, and keep in topic." That English was polite and clear enough.

I hate to see a perfectly good thread by the CEO of Logos, hijacked by some gadfly. If you want to say something about the original post suggesting that one translation be made into Chinese and split into two sets of characters, go ahead and argue it. I just wanted to correct that, and did not want to go off-topic. Someone called Matt Kim decided to add his perspective.

Now you, KevinC, want a rejoinder. Go ahead, if it matters that much to you, but please don't shoot all over the place. If proof is so important to you, bring it on. If you have some major point to pick, start a new thread.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:34 AM

KevinC:
Do we want Logos to be translated into British English(...) as well?

Yes, please. I hate American spelling.Stick out tongue

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 6712
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:52 AM

I like the idea Bob. If the UI are in different languages, they are more likely to request that works in their languages be published also.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:54 AM

Lynden Williams:

I like the idea Bob. If the UI are in different languages, they are more likely to request that works in their languages be published also.

True. Yes

Posts 543
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 9:36 AM

That's really great news!! Logos is going international - step by step - ... (ap)

I've been really missing it after using libronix-sesb2/3 etc.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!! Yes I appreciate also the growing resources in spanish, portuguese... ...?and german?... (OK - this isn't the resource forum - however :-)

Posts 12
arjeh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 12:05 PM

As a former user of German SESB (Libronix) who recently changed to Logos 5 with Windows 8 it would be VERY useful to have a German user interface of Logos 5, especially the chance to use bible book references in the form of "Joh 1,1" instead of "Jhn 1:1" or "Offb 12,4" instead of "Rev 12:4".

I'm looking forward to this! Thanks for your efforts.

Friedhelm

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:09 PM

arjeh:

As a former user of German SESB (Libronix) who recently changed to Logos 5 with Windows 8 it would be VERY useful to have a German user interface of Logos 5, especially the chance to use bible book references in the form of "Joh 1,1" instead of "Jhn 1:1" or "Offb 12,4" instead of "Rev 12:4".

I'm looking forward to this! Thanks for your efforts.

Friedhelm

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 1:51 PM

We've uploaded the help files for Logos 5!

If you would like to help out translating click on the following link.

http://crowdin.net/project/logoshelpfiles

Thanks!

Seth

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS