Can't Install Logos 5 Gold from Disc

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Kenneth Litwak | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 28 2013 1:30 PM

I am trying to install Logos 5 Gold from the disc in the package.  Actually, there are two disks in the package, a "Quick Start" that goes to the web to watch videos.  My computer, which runs Windows XP, can at least read that disk.  The other disk, "installation," does not do anything.  When I first put it in and tried to explore it, since it did not auto-run, I saw a few files, and clicked on the .exe file for setup.  I got an error for that file not being a Windows file.  I decided I would try this in the other CD drive on my computer and since then, I've not been able to see any files on it.  That is just plain weird.  There's nothing on the package to tell me this is not the correct version for my system (i.e., Mac, or Windows 7 only, etc.), so I'm really baffled.  I can't remember any time that Windows Explorer could read and then not read the files on a CD like that.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Ken

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2013 1:44 PM

Hi Kenneth - and welcome to the forums.

i don't know why Explorer can't see the files, but Logos 5 will not run on XP, it needs at least Vista SP2 as per http://www.logos.com/installation

Graham

Posts 4
Kenneth Litwak | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2013 2:00 PM

Thanks much Graham.  That solves enough of the mystery. 

Ken

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:06 AM

Hello Kenneth,

I apologize for the difficulty. Graham is correct. Logos 5 will require a newer version of Windows than XP (Vista SP2 or higher, specifically).

As for your disc appearing to no show files, this is intentional. We use the same discs for both Mac and Windows. Windows (usually) runs the setup automatically (even if it is hidden) but Mac just displays the disc contents. To simplify things for Mac users, we hid the Windows components so only the Mac file is visible.

As for your options at this point, if you were to upgrade Windows, you should be able to use your disc. Alternatively, you can download Logos 4 at www.logos.com/install4 and most of your Logos 5 books will download into the older program, but you will be missing some 5-specific content and features.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS