Suggestion: John Walton volumes on Creation and Ancient Cosmology

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2011
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 28 2013 5:10 PM

I would like to see Genesis 1 as Ancient Cosmology by John Walton.  It would also be nice to have the shorter work, The Lost World of Genesis One:  Ancient Cosmology and the Origins Debate, also by Walton.

There is a lecture here discussing his view.  It appears that Tremper Longman III also spoke at this event here, and they seem to have then had a Q&A together here.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2013 6:49 PM

Yes

I just requested the second of those here.

Posts 2011
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 4:26 AM

I do remember seeing that post.  I often purchase the paper version of that one for others to read, as I like it so much.  I have not read Genesis 1 as Ancient Cosmology, but it seems to go into more ancient near eastern context, which would go well with ANET and COS in Logos.  I also wish we could get some of the other ANE anthologies to cover all references.  I will have to bump that thread as well!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2011
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 5:17 AM

A bump to spark interest

Posts 164
Niko | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 5:21 AM

http://www.logos.com/product/31911/eisenbrauns-old-testament-studies-collection

Posts 2011
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 5:33 AM

Niko:

http://www.logos.com/product/31911/eisenbrauns-old-testament-studies-collection

Awesome!  Thank you.  I missed that.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS