Will not sync

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 39 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Ross Shaver | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 28 2013 7:07 PM

I am running Logos 5 on Windows 8 64-bit and I have not been able to sync for about a week. I have reinstalled Logos twice and cleared the history, but nothing has worked.  I have another computer which has had no problem with syncing.  I have attached all the log files.

1134.LogosError.zip

Ross

Posts 28679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2013 7:44 PM

Hey Ross! Welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm not really a techie, and I'm not near my computer to try and read your logs... But I do have a question for you. When you say that your computer isn't syncing, do you know that it isn't syncing, or is the sync wheel just giving you a warning? If its not syncing, what data is it?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 19037
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2013 8:01 PM

Looked briefly at the error log, and it looks like it is unable to resolve several web addresses:

• readingplansapi.logos.com
  • visualfiltersapi.logos.com
  • wordlistsapi.logos.com
  • usereventsapi.logos.com
  • services.logos.com
  • api.faithlife.com

I tried going to those addresses in a browser and got errors, but I'm not sure what to make of that. I'm able to sync fine, that is, I get no error if I click on the sync arrows.

Just a hunch, but I know that some other Internet-related problems in Logos (mostly having to do with infinite updates never finishing) have been solved by issuing the following command at a cmd prompt; I'm not sure if it's relevant here, but I don't think it could hurt to try.

bitsadmin /reset

Posts 25996
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 1:51 AM

Ross Shaver:

Hi Ross

The later errors concern the Library Catalog Sync and I think it would be best to wait for a Logos Tech or directly contact Logos Tech Support.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3178
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 8:49 AM

Hi Ross,

I'm going to email you about this. 

Posts 2
Ross Shaver | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:48 AM

Thanks Tommy, I got this to work by your suggestions.

Posts 3178
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 11:34 AM

Ross Shaver:

Thanks Tommy, I got this to work by your suggestions.

You're welcome, Ross. Have a good week. 

Posts 25996
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 4:44 PM

Tommy,

would you share the advice you gave Ross (perhaps by email if you prefer).

Thanks,

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29
Michelle Knight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2013 8:38 AM

Like Dave, I'd be interested to hear about this as well.  I may be experiencing the same issue.

Posts 28679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2013 8:42 AM

Michelle Knight:
I may be experiencing the same issue

What is going on? Can you post logs? You can find more info about that in my signature line.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2013 10:06 AM

We have several threads active right now with people suffering from sync problems. Yesterday Bradley said they are investigating the issue, but no update yet. I too have the (a?) problem with syncing of certain items and getting the yellow triangle.

Posts 28679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2013 10:15 AM

Don Awalt:
I too have the (a?) problem with syncing of certain items and getting the yellow triangle.

There are many reasons to get the yellow triangle… One user's issue may not be the same as another. It's always good to have more information, like logs & what isn't syncing. Often people get worried when they see the yellow triangle, but everything of value is syncing fine.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2013 10:51 AM

alabama24:
There are many reasons to get the yellow triangle… One user's issue may not be the same as another. It's always good to have more information, like logs & what isn't syncing. Often people get worried when they see the yellow triangle, but everything of value is syncing fine.

Thanks, I did post my logs. At least at this time there may be one true server problem, as Bradley said this:

By Bradley Grainger (Logos) in Logos 4 Windows

We're investigating this issue. It should only be affecting the sync of Library Catalog information (e.g., tags, ratings, custom titles, etc.). All other information should be syncing correctly.

Posts 29
Michelle Knight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2013 10:58 AM

I'd be happy to post logs.  As I said, I may be experiencing the same issue. 

I've been having trouble with the syncing for awhile now.  Originally, I could clear the history daily, and this would solve the problem (though this isn't ideal!).  More recently however, no matter how much or little history I have, the syncing happens continually.  Occasionally, when I open the application, it says "syncing" and does so indefinitely, until I force quit (without any "start now" option).  Other times (most times), I begin the program and it syncs the entire time it is open, draining resources and causing the computer's fans to run on high for a long time, and ultimately draining battery.

Also, I'm having to force quit the program frequently (because it's never quite done syncing).  

I've opened and closed the program a couple of times and it's now running normally.  I'll try to get it to act up again and will post logs shortly.

Posts 28679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2013 11:04 AM

Thanks for the info Don. Smile

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2013 11:10 AM

alabama24:

Thanks for the info Don. Smile

Happy to do what little I can to help!
Posts 25996
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2013 5:20 PM

Michelle Knight:
 I'll try to get it to act up again and will post logs shortly.

Don't try too hard! But the logs will be needed so we can discover which sync data is affected.

I requested info about Ross' fix for my own information, not because I was having problems.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29
Michelle Knight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 6:34 AM

alabama24:

Michelle Knight:
I may be experiencing the same issue

What is going on? Can you post logs? You can find more info about that in my signature line.

3833.LogosLogs.Michelle.20130502-083236.zip

I've attached some logs.  I haven't had as much trouble in the last day or so, but there were some delays and force quits.  Hopefully the logs are helpful.

Posts 28679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 7:39 AM

Michelle Knight:
I've attached some logs.

Good job. Smile

Michelle Knight:
 I haven't had as much trouble in the last day or so, but there were some delays and force quits.

…but no yellow triangle warnings? No other sync related issues? I'm not a full fledged techie, so we will need someone with more expertise to read your logs. I did see SyncManager lines with "success" afterwards… that's a good sign. Smile 

Posts 3178
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 9:39 AM

Michelle Knight:
I've attached some logs.  I haven't had as much trouble in the last day or so, but there were some delays and force quits.  Hopefully the logs are helpful.

Hi Michelle,

I don't see anything anomalous in the logs. If the trouble you're having is regarding syncing and is not consistent the issue may be network related rather than something wrong with the program. It may just be dropping off the internet occasionally. If the problem is more persistent and is something you can replicate then please replicate the behavior and post logs immediately after the behavior appears along with a description--in detail--as to how you accomplished the sync error. I would also like to know what your network is like at home (i.e. how are you connecting to the internet on your local network).

If the problem is something else, and repeatable please make a new thread and post logs along with steps to replicate the behavior. 

Thank you,

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS