BUG: Text Input Box 5.1 Beta 5

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 29 2013 5:28 PM

I love the ability to add fillable text boxes to a PB. Rather than having to specify a maximum number of lines, would it be possible to get something that has a default minimum (say 1 or 2 lines) and then wraps / scrolls as text is added beyond that number?

Posts 25576
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 3:57 AM

Fredc:
Rather than having to specify a maximum number of lines, would it be possible to get something that has a default minimum (say 1 or 2 lines) and then wraps / scrolls as text is added beyond that number?

lines=  is a minimum, not maximum. You can scroll between lines.

width= is a (generous) minimum as well, and text scrolls beyond the boundary (one line).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 5:36 AM

Are you sure Dave

I entered a test box in a PB last yesterday evening and entered lines=25. When I entered some test text, I was prevented from entering anything beyond 25 lines.

EDIT: I just tested this again and realized that the text is wrapping and scrolling is functional. I guess what confused me was the absence of any visual indication (like a traditional scroll bar) that this was the case. Thanks Dave

Posts 28230
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:40 AM

Fredc:
I guess what confused me was the absence of any visual indication (like a traditional scroll bar) that this was the case.

I know you are on PC, but what OS are you running? OSX 10.8 did away with scroll bars being visible until needed… I know this OS level behavior effects other apps… could that be the issue?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 8:34 AM

I think there is a way on Win 7 to turn scroll bars off until needed, I have never played dug into it to figure it out. Scroll bars do appear in all of the programs I use by default.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 9:59 AM

Fredc:
I just tested this again and realized that the text is wrapping and scrolling is functional. I guess what confused me was the absence of any visual indication (like a traditional scroll bar) that this was the case.

I am able to reproduce the issue of scroll bars not showing up on Windows. I will report this to Development.

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:12 PM

Thanks BrisaYes

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 4:55 PM

Fredc:
I just tested this again and realized that the text is wrapping and scrolling is functional. I guess what confused me was the absence of any visual indication (like a traditional scroll bar) that this was the case.

This will be fixed in 5.1 Release Candidate 1.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS