Some improvements i would like to see in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 29 2009 4:07 AM

Some improvements i would like to see in Logos 4

1) The ability to promote my favourite commentaries to the Top.

2) The ability to change the background colour and font size (different font & different size 100%,105%,110% 115%, 120%,125%,130%)

3) Books in collections, should come with being defined in a collection already from your end. While still retaining the ability to create our own define collection.

4) On the content pane or Toggle content pane when opened, the ability to either collapse all & open all the subject heading all at once. I would like a feature where i can open all the content sub heading and closing it at once while retaining the current feature of opening each content heading individually. Like a button that expands all the folder and another that collapse all the folder in the content pane.

Thanks,

Ted Hans.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 688
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2009 6:47 AM

I like all yolur suggestions Ted, but I especially like #1. That would be a great addition!

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2009 8:56 AM

Ted Hans:
Ted, how does this one differ from making a collection of favorite commentaries?  Can you give an example?

Regarding #3, I think it would also be nice if these collections (along with 3rd party home pages) could be downloaded from the Logos website so I don't have to use the CD to reinstall.

Joe

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2009 9:44 AM

Joe Miller:
Ted Hans:
Ted, how does this one differ from making a collection of favorite commentaries?  Can you give an example?

Hi Joe,

Greetings, thanks for the question. At the rate which our libraries are growing, to keep up with every commentary in one's library can be difficult. Some commentaries are not labeled as "commentary" & i may miss out on some in creating a commentary collection. If a commentary folder is available already, one can just promote one's favourite commentaries, so that it appears at the top on the passage guide with the rest appearing below. Like what one can do or happens in the the exegetical guide with exegetical dictionaries.Where one can through the keylink options & "Resources or Action to use first" can set what resource to use first. while promoting other resources in the "Default order of Resource and Action". I think this is also a feature which is available for bible dictionaries/encyclopedias and dictionaries. It will be nice to have the same added feature for commentaries.

Yes, currently one can do this by creating a collection but at the rate Logos is producing commentaries, one may just forget to add new commentaries to the created commentaries folder/collection. Hope this helps & nice to hear from you.

Every Blessings & have a great day,

Ted.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 26732
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2009 11:55 AM

Ted Hans:
3) Books in collections, should come with being defined in a collection already from your end. While still retaining the ability to create our own define collection.

I would also like to bring up all books not in any collection to that I can assign them an appropriate collection. Yes, I know there is a work around but I'd really like it to be explicit.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2009 12:52 PM

MJ. Smith:
I would also like to bring up all books not in any collection to that I can assign them an appropriate collection. Yes, I know there is a work around but I'd really like it to be explicit.

Good idea MJ & perhaps a predefined collection category like below.

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2009 9:11 PM

Joe Miller:
I think it would also be nice if these collections (along with 3rd party home pages) could be downloaded from the Logos website so I don't have to use the CD to reinstall.

I think we would all appreciate a decent installation regime. Decent in the sense of multiple modules each with a clearly defined role e.g basic software, addins (no data), databases for Syntax Tools addin, data files for Biblical People addin, Collections, Missing Resources (likely to be many GB if all your resources are missing!). Each module would install elements according to your licence.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS