Logos stopped working

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 4 2013 2:40 PM

Logos keeps crashing, while reading aloud a personal book, however it also crashed just viewing opentext clause analysis, so I don't think the crash is specific to the read aloud tool.

Also, logos is not syncing properly but showing the yellow triangle.  I have very strong internet, and no network issues.  I have also verified that it is not syncing by checking my imac desktop for changes I've made on my laptop and the changes haven't shown up.

Please help, I really need to use Logos tonight, and it keeps crashing within 2-3 minutes.

Thanks, 

James8507.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2013 2:46 PM

Peace, James!         *smile*                             I do not have the skills to help you with your .zip file!           It's Saturday and I'm hoping that some of the Logos Folks with those skills answer and help you very soon!

One thing I can do is to pray for you and for your situation.           I'm expecting my wife to call me in about 15 minutes for supper here in Eastern Canada; so I'll spend some time in prayer for you and for my Pastor and for Divine Service tomorrow.    *smile*

For you:     that the problem gets fixed                     AND                  that what absolutely has to get done gets done ......

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 16
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2013 3:01 PM

Thank you Sir!  I greatly appreciate your prayers.  

Grace and Peace be yours!

James

Posts 563
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2013 3:10 PM

Hello James,

Try deleting the file “supplemental-build.lxn”

The path is C:\Users\JTaylor\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\m0bjl5vy.dsy\PersonalBookIndex\supplemental-build.lxn

If that doesn’t work then we’ll need to wait for someone else . . .

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 16
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2013 3:31 PM

Posts 16
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2013 3:32 PM

I don't see that file name anywhere in the path you mentioned, am I missing something.  I posted a screen shot of the folder you said it was in.

Thanks,

James

Posts 24951
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2013 3:32 PM

James Taylor:

The logs show a corrupt database.

Delete the folder C:\Users\JTaylor\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents\m0bjl5vy.dsy\ReadingProgressManager & restart Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 16
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2013 3:46 PM

Yes! I think it's working now so far.  

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS