Thank You Logos! - Passage Guide note hyperlinks

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 7 2013 6:44 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I noticed that the note section of the guides now retains hyperlinks after closing and re-opening the guide. this allows me to create a guide that contains all my links to a passage, including those from Journal articles not typically listed in a commentary sections.

Now if only I could have a section of the Explorer Window that can be customized to only show a certain custom guide :-). (You can make me happy, but not satisfied. Only God does that :-))

Posts 2774
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2013 8:11 AM

Glad we could make you happy!

I don't know if this is useful for what you are trying to accomplish, but did you know you can add a Collections section to your passage guide and modify the settings to use a custom collection of "type:Journal". This will give you the links without having to paste them in the notes.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2013 7:28 PM

Andrew Batishko (Logos):

Glad we could make you happy!

I don't know if this is useful for what you are trying to accomplish, but did you know you can add a Collections section to your passage guide and modify the settings to use a custom collection of "type:Journal". This will give you the links without having to paste them in the notes.

This will give me all the articles that mention the passage, but not the ones that discuss the passage. Also, the point of the notes is to have a consolidated list of useful resources the next time I open up the guide. If I rely on the collection section I have to filter through the list again which defeats the purpose of being able to save the guide, IMHO. The advantage of being able to save a guide is not simply to have all the links present every time I go to a passage but to be able to refine the guide so that the work I put into it the first time is my starting point the next time I study the passage.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS