Where is your library? It's in..

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 234
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 9 2013 7:31 PM

Logos!

Seriously though, as a seminary student I am envious of some of my professor's large book collections. I know I'll never have one to display, since my library is primarily in Logos!

That's why I think Logos should sell funny, witty display signs and book ends for shelving units, where we can proudly display that we are Logos users in an entertaining way.

Seriously though, make it and you'll have my money.

Rev. Ben Hein

Shady Grove Presbyterian Church (PCA)

Reformed Theological Seminary, M.Div (2017)

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 4155
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 1:41 PM

haha! A professor at my seminary once told me that he was recently invited to a former students house for supper, and he was shocked and dismayed to see the student had "not grown his library" since graduation.

I felt he was being short sighted, who knows what kind of Logos (et al) library he has on his computer blah blah blah. But he wouldn't hear it.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 1:50 PM

I still hope they are serious about plans to implement a Visual Bookshelf display of our library. Go vote for this feature request if you haven't already:

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-5/suggestions/642271-a-visual-bookshelf-feature-like-mark-barnes-s-cool

In the meantime, you can try Mark Barnes' implementation of it:

http://www.4-14.org.uk/logos/logos4-bibliographic-report

Posts 6725
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 2:25 PM

Rosie, I got this to work  before, but getting an error message.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 6725
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 2:28 PM

Here is what I get.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 2:40 PM

Hi Lynden, sorry to hear about that. You should contact Mark Barnes to ask him to look into it.

Posts 1852
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 3:10 PM

abondservant:
A professor at my seminary once told me that he was recently invited to a former students house for supper, and he was shocked and dismayed to see the student had "not grown his library" since graduation.

This is unfortunately common.  I once heard a prof claim that he could glance at a pastor's bookshelf and almost always know almost exactly what year they graduated from seminary.  I admit that I have tried to do this with a few pastors, and, while not an expert, have seen what he meant.

SDG

Ken McGuire

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 4155
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 6:29 PM

Ken McGuire:

abondservant:
A professor at my seminary once told me that he was recently invited to a former students house for supper, and he was shocked and dismayed to see the student had "not grown his library" since graduation.

This is unfortunately common.  I once heard a prof claim that he could glance at a pastor's bookshelf and almost always know almost exactly what year they graduated from seminary.  I admit that I have tried to do this with a few pastors, and, while not an expert, have seen what he meant.

SDG

Ken McGuire

My non-fiction library exists almost completely digitally. Even texts Are generally kindle or logos my (preferred)

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 1145
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 9:57 PM

Perhaps Ben can start a kickstarter campaign and others can give him money for the project.

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 10:12 PM

Tom Reynolds:

Perhaps Ben can start a kickstarter campaign and others can give him money for the project.

Great idea! I propose that he makes a bunch of lightweight fake books (empty shells) with spines matching the titles of the most impressive Logos resources, kind of like the fake books they have in Ikea bookshelves on the showroom floor. Then we can show off our impressive libraries. And if people want to actually browse through them, well, we'll have to bring them upstairs to the computer room...

Posts 234
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 7:09 AM

Rosie Perera:

Tom Reynolds:

Great idea! I propose that he makes a bunch of lightweight fake books (empty shells) with spines matching the titles of the most impressive Logos resources, kind of like the fake books they have in Ikea bookshelves on the showroom floor. Then we can show off our impressive libraries. And if people want to actually browse through them, well, we'll have to bring them upstairs to the computer room...

Hah! Great idea but I feel like that would involve getting rights from the publisher AND Logos...

Rev. Ben Hein

Shady Grove Presbyterian Church (PCA)

Reformed Theological Seminary, M.Div (2017)

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 9:40 AM

Ben Hein:

Rosie Perera:

Tom Reynolds:

Hah! Great idea but I feel like that would involve getting rights from the publisher AND Logos...

Maybe the publisher problem would not be an issue if it clearly said something like "Logos Electronic Version" on the "fake book" which would truthfully indicate than an electronic version of that book had been purchased.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 3075
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 10:05 AM

...Bellingham?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 29793
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 10:16 AM

Doc B:

...Bellingham?

Big Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 10:26 AM

alabama24:

Doc B:

...Bellingham?

Big Smile

I believe the servers are somewhere else.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 29793
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 10:27 AM

fgh:
I believe the servers are somewhere else.

Arizona? (I have ocean front property there, if you are interested).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 72
papa_gowgow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 1:14 AM

Ben Hein:

Rosie Perera:

Tom Reynolds:

You could always get around the publisher rights issue with subtle changes to the titles:

I'm a big fan of the International Uncritical Commentary, the Paul Anka Yale Bible and my newly purchased Poachers' Homiletic Commentary Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS