New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge (13 vols.)

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 3:47 PM

fgh:
The problem is that they don't list the regular price, making it seem like the prepub price is the regular price.

Problem fixed for most of the books. Hopefully they're working on the last ones.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 4:15 AM

Yet a bit of improvement while I slept: most of the 40% off books now have a "Limited time sale!" warning. But Scripture and Tradition: What the Bible Really Says is still missing both that and a Regular Price, and at least one more book is also still missing the warning. Plus it's got a typo in the author name: Typo in Encountering John: The Gospel in Historical, Literary, and Theological Perspective.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 9:03 AM

fgh:
 Scripture and Tradition: What the Bible Really Says is still missing both that and a Regular Price, and at least one more book is also still missing the warning.

What's going on here? Not only is this still not fixed, but now Reading the Bible with Martin Luther: An Introductory Guide has lost the Regular price as well, although I'm 99.9% sure it was there yesterday...

The typo is fixed, though.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 10:20 AM

Mark Barnes:
The system has sent out emails to all the bidders, too. You'll need to send another one, to explain the error.

Still no e-mail...

Plus I'm wondering if there isn't another 'glitch' with the Oxyrhynchus Papyri (vols. 1–15). How did it get that high all of a sudden?

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:36 PM

It's now at about 90%. I raised my bid to the current max some time ago. Spread the word:  more bids!

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 472
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2013 2:59 AM

Please could you clarify for me, whether the Pre-pub colours on the gathering interest bar (red, then orange, then green) represent different discounts? Does the price rise as interest increases? are the best discounts always (or often) at the beginning? 

Or am I reading too much into the earlier conversations.

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2013 4:32 AM

S.McC:

Please could you clarify for me, whether the Pre-pub colours on the gathering interest bar (red, then orange, then green) represent different discounts? Does the price rise as interest increases? are the best discounts always (or often) at the beginning? 

Or am I reading too much into the earlier conversations.

The OP was for the Community Pricing resource - https://www.logos.com/product/8567/new-schaff-herzog-encyclopedia-of-religious-knowledge

As with all CP Logos users bid on resources. The chart summarizes these bids. If your bid is red it indicates that currently your bid will not be successful if the trend continues. If it is orange it shows the highest bid that will succeed in the trend continues. The orange bar will change to green once it crosses 100% and will then go into production. Right now this resource is approximately at 90%.

I hope this makes sense to you. As you can see it is not about increasing prices but rather about determining what the cost for this resource will be.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:16 PM

Robert M. Warren:
It's now at about 90%.

It hasn't budged since Monday. OK, one of the ladies please get in the driver's seat, but don't gun it too much or we'll be wearing mud back there; let's put a couple of bricks under the front of the rear tires and PUSH!

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 6:18 PM

The top of the $30 dot is just barely eclipsing the bottom of the !00% line. Let's go; tweet and promote!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 7:22 PM

Robert M. Warren:

The top of the $30 dot is just barely eclipsing the bottom of the !00% line. Let's go; tweet and promote!

Tweet, tweet. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9527
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 7:50 PM

Not sure why I missed bidding on this earlier, but I am in at $30.00.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 103
Roger G Black | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 8:12 PM

I have only done this a few times so far.  I'm in on the bid.  At times I wonder about some of these old works and their original publications, 1914.

I realize how these can complete a thought, give insight on a particular.  It seems difficult to contemplate the fact there doesn't seem to be more

publications that are more current to date.  Then again, the zeal seems to have lost it's luster with current writers that are well set with the breath and 

fever of the Holy Spirit.  Let us continue prayer believing another great as Spurgeon will arise and write, write, write with fire.

{BlueBird}

Rog {BlueBird} Cool

Posts 9527
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 8:41 AM

Roger G Black:

It seems difficult to contemplate the fact there doesn't seem to be more publications that are more current to date.

There are more up-to-date resources dealing with most (if not all) of the topics in S-H but nothing together in one place as in this encyclopedia; in other words, no equivalent single modern resource.

There have been two attempts that I know of to 'update' Schaff-Herzog. One in the 1950's and another in the 1970's. Neither seems to have met with much critical success. However the fact that publishers attempted this seems to indicate the reputation S-H still held many years after its publication.

One thing S-H seems to be strong on is biography. The $30 I bid would be worth the price of obtaining just this part of the resource (which is unlikely to be much out-of-date).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:45 PM

George Somsel:
Tweet, tweet. 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 2:33 PM

Robert M. Warren:

George Somsel:
Tweet, tweet. 

Thank you, Robert!                 I needed that!                    Appreciate your Good Humour!                   Peace!              *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS