Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 6 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 1469
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 6:24 PM

I would also like to see this feature!

As noted by some others, the e-ink is much easier on the eyes than the displays on computers, tablets, Kindle Fire, etc., and the advantage is even greater when outdoors.  It's also much more convenient to carry a Kindle for simple reading, than larger devices.

Also as noted by some, having highlights and notes would be frosting on the cake, but now I'm begging and beggars.... well, I'll just say "yes" and "thankyou" to anything Kindle e-ink that might be considered, then I'll shut my mouth.  Zip it!

Posts 2841
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 7:00 PM

Yes, I would be very interested in a "Send to Kindle" feature for Logos resources.  There are lots of Logos resources now that I wish to read cover to cover.  Kindle would be a very nice way to do this.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2841
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 7:04 PM

Jacob Hantla:

I do not think I would use this feature...which would only benefit those with eInk kindles.

I totally disagree, Jacob.  I read on my iPad, but the Kindle app is a much, much better reading experience for extensive reading than the Logos app.  Of course, the Logos app is better for using multiple Logos resources, word study, search, etc.  But I would use the "go to Kindle" on my iPad.

Of course, there are many, many eink kindles out there too.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 7:11 PM

Michael Childs:
I read on my iPad, but the Kindle app is a much, much better reading experience for extensive reading than the Logos app.

What makes it better? Is it just speed?

Posts 2963
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 7:35 PM

Michael Childs:

I totally disagree, Jacob.  I read on my iPad, but the Kindle app is a much, much better reading experience for extensive reading than the Logos app.  

I wouldn't anticipate that it would send to kindle ipad app, but rather to iPad eInk display. 

What makes the Kindle app a better reading experience? I read almost exclusively on my iPad and find the Logos app a better reading experience particularly for being able to click on verse links, better highlighting, and notes that sync. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 74
James Ogle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 7:40 PM

This is a totally awesome idea!!!!!  Yes Please!!!!!Yes

Posts 242
Lankford Oxendine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 9:38 PM

Yes

Posts 49
Michael Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 11:21 PM
Absolutely, yes.
Posts 37
Ron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 5:34 AM

Absolutely.  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts 235
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 6:59 AM

Would definitely use.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 8:25 AM

Jacob Hantla:

Michael Childs:

I totally disagree, Jacob.  I read on my iPad, but the Kindle app is a much, much better reading experience for extensive reading than the Logos app.  

I wouldn't anticipate that it would send to kindle ipad app, but rather to iPad eInk display. 

What makes the Kindle app a better reading experience? I read almost exclusively on my iPad and find the Logos app a better reading experience particularly for being able to click on verse links, better highlighting, and notes that sync. 

Exactly! Logos gives much better reading experience for any book that uses Bible references and also footnotes. Plus of course syncing is also a great advantage. 

Bohuslav

Posts 1188
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 9:36 AM

Mark Barnes:

Liam Walsh:
Is there anywhere I can find more detailed instructions about this 4 step process?

There's a plugin to download first. See http://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/2012/09/10/calibre-plugins-the-simplest-option-for-removing-most-ebook-drm/

You also need to have the Kindle Reader installed on your PC.

Thanks Mark!

I got the plug in, and followed the installation instructions here: http://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/2012/09/10/calibre-plugins-the-simplest-option-for-removing-most-ebook-drm/ but for some reason I'm getting the exact same results. Is there a page on this for dummies that will go over every detail?

Thanks again!

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 9:42 AM

Absolutely!!!  YesYesYes

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 646
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 9:58 AM

Definitely!

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 10:07 AM

alabama24:

Unix:

I guess the device would run out of memory, drain the battery, and that it would be hard to browse the library on it:

ChelseaFC:
Add a bulk send all 'Logos' books to kindle'

Wow, I agree with you! Stick out tongue

The kindle has 2GB of storage, which only 1.5 is available for resources. The battery isn't probably an issue, but too few libraries would be able to take advantage of a "send all to kindle" to be worthwhile (IMO). 

I'm glad I can bring some unity to the forum. Wink.

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 28305
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 10:10 AM

You you can't win 'em all. I guess your luck ran out after football season. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 10:27 AM

alabama24:

You you can't win 'em all. I guess your luck ran out after football season. Smile

Yes you're right...But thankful football season isn't over yet. ;)

ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 1933
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 11:11 AM

It's pretty clear that I'm in the minority here, but I'm not sure that I would use this feature. I have a Kindle reader (2nd gen, e-ink). I no longer use it at all. I do all my e-reading on my iPad (4th gen, retina) in either Logos or the iOS Kindle app. If it's already in Logos, I'd continue reading in Logos, if only for the ability to highlight and annotate. I suppose if somehow this made available a large chunk of my library that's not available on Logos mobile, I might consider it. But I don't see how that would be likely.

I know the e-ink is a bit easier on the eyes, but not so much (for me) as to warrant carrying two devices or not being able to highlight / annotate.

My $.02 ...

Donnie

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 11:13 AM

Yes please!

Posts 307
Gustavo Bentos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 1:17 PM

I am interested 1000 % on this feature. 

Page 6 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS