Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 11 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 2 2013 3:49 PM

TCBlack:

George Somsel:

fgh:
What happened to the '100,000 Forum users' Sale?Crying

They're selling forum users?  Oh my !  Wink

I can only imagine that you must be priceless George.

Is that because I'm worth more than could possibly be paid or because no one would pay anything?  Don't answer that !  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 2 2013 8:01 PM

fgh:
What happened to the '100,000 Forum users' Sale?

Thread => 75,000 forum users and 350,000 posts included a question:

smithereens:
Which do we reach first: 100k users or 500k posts? And which calls for a bigger Forum Week celebration?

Logos Bible Software forums now has 112,195 users and 486,315 posts.  Hoping for Huge Half million forum post celebration. Party!!!

Tonya J Ross:

Development is considering implementing a 'Send to Kindle' feature for resources in your Logos library.  

Before investing a significant amount of time on this item, we would like to assess user interest based on the fact that this feature would not support sending notes/highlights to or receiving notes/highlights from Kindle devices/apps (which is mentioned in the UserVoice request for this item).

Please let us know if you would still be interested in seeing this feature.

+1 Yes for 'Send to Kindle' feature.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 5:26 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Hoping for Huge Half million forum post celebration. Party!!!
 YesYes

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:55 AM
Definitely interested! This would be great. I've been debating getting a tablet of some kind to be able to read books on, but haven't because of price, preference to laptops for portable computer use, not wanting a nice tablet just for reading, etc. I would probably purchase a cheap kindle paperwhite just for reading if you created this feature. That way I could read on a tablet-like device and leave computing to a real computer.
Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:03 AM

Robert Wazlavek:
I would probably purchase a cheap kindle paperwhite just for reading if you created this feature.
Do you know that you can already read your Logos books on the Kindle? You just have to export them out of Logos into a text file and then load the text file onto your Kindle (not as nice as a "send to Kindle feature," but it just takes a few minutes to export a book.) If I understand what Logos is propossing, this feature wouldn't make reading on the Kindle possible, it would make it easier by automating the process of exporting the book onto your device. So if you are wanting to read on an e-ink, you don't have to wait for this feature.  

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:12 AM
That would be good news then. I still have to buy a kindle though, lol. And, as I think about it, it might be worth the wait until this feature is added anyway. The desire is that one could read Logos books on kindle without much trouble and in an economical way. Spending a lot of time and effort converting books just to be able to read them on a kindle defeats both of those purposes.
Posts 58
Dave M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 7:48 PM

Absolutely!

Posts 551
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2013 9:17 AM

Any updates on this good idea? 

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:59 AM

Apologies if someone already posted this and I missed it, but there is a guide on the Wiki on how to export a Logos book to Kindle format and maintain footnotes, section makers, and the table of contents. Obviously native support would be easier, but this is the best workaround I've found for now. Here's the link:

http://wiki.logos.com/Export_a_Logos_Resource_to_an_eReader_format_$28Kindle,_Nook,_etc.$29

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2013 8:39 PM

Another Yes vote here.

Posts 29
Otis Gouty | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2013 8:54 PM

Yes! This would be beneficial to me.Smile

Posts 10486
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 4:24 AM

Robert Wazlavek:
I still have to buy a kindle though, lol.

If you do buy a Kindle Fire as this feature is already present for that version. You can select the Kindle Fire just as you can an iPhone or iPad. The only difference is that you will need to reboot the Kindle Fire for the books to load there.

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:24 AM
TCBlack:

And of course, since I just clicked confirm on an order for a kindle paperwhite, I'm eager to see this come to pass.Yes

I could swear you said "paper weight". I wanted one too. Smile

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 232
AndyTheGreek | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 3:05 AM

Save to Kindle? Yes - I'd like that. 

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 4:38 AM

After some consideration I don't support/want the idea of Send to Kindle.

I think the Barnes n' Noble Nook HD 16 GB (or 8 GB if You have a small library on it) is a much better option. It costs a little more but has equally good battery life and more Logos functionality. Additionally the advantage of not supporting Logos's biggest competitor!

There's discussion going on right now in: Logos for Nook HD and HD+; It works!!. The news consists of that Barnes n' Noble has recently enabled installation of Logos on Nook, and someone tested it and it works very well!

So IMO Logos could save all the programming effort! Are You with me?

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 27446
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:20 AM

Unix:

Are You with me?

No, and you are still confused. This has nothing to do with the Kindle Fire. It is about the Kindle e-Ink readers, which have MUCH better battery life than does the Nook. Furthermore, the sale on the nook is one week only. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:33 AM

How on earth is it possible that a Send to Kindle feature would not support Amazon - wouldn't it for example encourage Logos users to buy Kindle books too?:

alabama24:
No, and you are still confused. This has nothing to do with the Kindle Fire. It is about the Kindle e-Ink readers, :
Unix:
Are You with me?

Fair enough, but would the battery cost for a Nook (battery life 10½ hours) really be a big cost? I would finance the battery cost and partially the device cost by not paying for an internet connection:

alabama24:
which have MUCH better battery life than does the Nook. Furthermore, the sale on the nook is one week only:

Aply!
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11

Posts 27446
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:08 AM

Unix:
How on earth is it possible that a Send to Kindle feature would not support Amazon - wouldn't it for example encourage Logos users to buy Kindle books too?

Not really. People who buy Kindle books are going to buy Kindle books. I do. (But if I have a choice, I get the Logos edition). 

Unix:
Fair enough, but would the battery cost for a Nook (battery life 10½ hours) really be a big cost?

What are you talking about? Who said anything about "battery cost"? The point about battery life is that you can keep reading your book after the Nook would have died!

Unix:
I would finance the battery cost and partially the device cost by not paying for an internet connection

In the other thread, Android users made it clear (but you weren't listening) that you are going to have to have a wifi connection at some point… the same as with the Kindle.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 216
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:26 AM

This would definitely be a useful feature for me even without the notes aspect. Please please follow through with this! 

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:38 AM

Anything which makes owning Kindle books easier will be an additional incentive for people to buy them. I'm perplexed that not more people at Logos User Forums are talking about this!

Well, if it's not a big cost I don't see charging the Nook battery every day as an actual problem at all. There are no advantages with e-ink> it doesn't have functionality:

alabama24:
What are you talking about? Who said anything about "battery cost"? The point about battery life is that you can keep reading your book after the Nook would have died!:
Unix:
Fair enough, but would the battery cost for a Nook (battery life 10½ hours) really be a big cost?

I'll do fine without the functionality that requires internet. Besides needing internet sometimes for a very limited range of things such as downloading new purches, certainly doesn't equal needing to pay for an internet connection:

alabama24:
In the other thread, Android users made it clear (but you weren't listening) that you are going to have to have a wifi connection at some point… the same as with the Kindle.
Unix:
I would finance the battery cost and partially the device cost by not paying for an internet connection

And another advantage with the Nook HD is that it's available now. I wouldn't start investing in Kindle books, how do You know which ones of them will eventually make it to Logos?! And printed matter is also an alternative. Also, Logos has made no promise (yet?) whether to program the functionality or when it will be done.

Aply!
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11

Page 11 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS