Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 15 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 2831
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 2:30 PM

There are some Logos books that are not available on the iPad / iPhone.  Could the "send to Kindle" feature become a way of reading these books on a mobile device through a mobile device, such as a Kindle or a Kindle app on an iPad?  This would be so if the "send to Kindle" function works from the full Logos 5 program.  That would be very nice.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 10
Phil Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 6:22 PM

Yes. Very much interested for those books I want to read.

Posts 762
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 3:44 PM

Mark Barnes:

Rosie Perera:
There's a Kindle app for iPad. I use the Kindle app on my iPod Touch.

But it's pointless reading Logos books on Kindle for iPad when you could use the Logos app.

Not entirely pointless.  I have an iPad and an Android Thrive tablet.  I keep different books open on Logos and Vyrso on each device.  This gives me four different books open at one time.  Switching between books on these apps is not a strong point.  It's easier just to switch apps or devices. 

Thus, having a kindle app on each would give me two more open books, albeit without highlighting, notes, or clickable references.

Posts 24
Elias Brasil de Souza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 12:07 PM

Yes. I'm very interested in this feature.

Posts 11
Gabriel Rodriguez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 2:54 PM

Do you have a set of instructions to export Logos resources for ePub conversion?

Posts 3105
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 8:42 AM

Is there an update on this feature of Send to Kindle?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 10522
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 8:55 AM

Gabriel ... I'm just bouncing your question back to the top.

I don't know of instructions, though there is much discussion on the forum. Basically they export (click on the book image on top left of the resource) sections to Word. And then export that to PDF (which is copyable and mailable to Kindle as you know).  I'm guessing you probably already knew this, but 'just in case'. 

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 10:07 AM

Gabriel Rodriguez:
Do you have a set of instructions to export Logos resources for ePub conversion?

Follow the instructions Denise gave… then look up the free software program "calibre."

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1428
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:33 AM

As far as I can see, there hasn't been a peep from Logos on this topic since Tonya asked for customer feedback on May 10.  Is there a comment in there somewhere that I'm missing?  If not, then it's been over 16 weeks and going on 300  customer comments without any kind of response from Logos.

Tonya, can you or someone else at Logos throw this poor dog a bone? Dog    It sure would be nice to know if this is still being considered.  Smile

Posts 10522
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:03 AM

Yep. It's getting REALLY tiresome reading Bible-related books on my PaperWhite.

Believe it or not, I now own 4 separate copies of NET w/notes. But going back and forth is a pain.

Maybe someone could write software that connected Bible-related books directly to your Bible. Then just click on the text reference without exiting the book, going to the Bible, finding the reference, exiting the Bible, returning to the other book. I'll make a UserVoice suggestion.

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:09 AM

Denise:
Maybe someone could write software that connected Bible-related books directly to your Bible. Then just click on the text reference without exiting the book, going to the Bible, finding the reference, exiting the Bible, returning to the other book. I'll make a UserVoice suggestion.
Big SmileGreat idea Denise Idea. I hope Logos finds this idea great too... Oh, wait...

Denise:
It's getting REALLY tiresome reading Bible-related books on my PaperWhite.
I find it hard to differentiate between you being serious and being ironic that I don't know if what you write is what you mean or not.Angry Never a dull moment Cool

Posts 251
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:19 AM

I am sure that it has been discussed that it is  possible to send to your kindle currently but it is a real pain to do.  I don't read books on my ipad/iphone.computer as it is just too hard on the eyes to do for long periods of time.  That is the biggest plus of the kindle

I would love this feature...

Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:20 AM

RAusdahl:
It sure would be nice to know if this is still being considered.

A response from Logos would be great, but I have a hard time believing that they wouldn't be seriously considering this feature since they asked us about it in the first place. Wink

Considering an option, and implementing it, are two different beasts. This could happen in two months, two years, or never. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10522
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:22 AM

Sleiman, true, I'm pretty bad! But ironically the PageWhite induces me to study the discussion points more closely. So, the next problem is needing a Bible, etc 

I don't know if this is true of tablets; we have a loose Nexus 7, but it's not nearly as convenient. In the dentist office, the dental assistant was helping me read, the clarity at wide angle views are so good. (Had to hold off finishing up the racy novel; didn't want her to be distracted.) 

Posts 452
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 9:56 AM

Tonya J Ross:

Development is considering implementing a 'Send to Kindle' feature for resources in your Logos library.  

Before investing a significant amount of time on this item, we would like to assess user interest based on the fact that this feature would not support sending notes/highlights to or receiving notes/highlights from Kindle devices/apps (which is mentioned in the UserVoice request for this item).

Please let us know if you would still be interested in seeing this feature.

This is one of the more exciting feature ideas in a while. I would purchase a Kindle specifically for this feature if it is implemented. Not too worried about sending notes/highlights back and forth.

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 5:27 PM

Looks like this thread is no longer a sticky one at the top. Does that mean that Logos has enough data and is working on moving forward with it?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2956
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 6:52 PM

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 9:53 PM

Posts 10522
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:30 AM

Thanks, Geo!  I'm so hooked on Paperwhites I'd buy a new one given the features.

I like the associated article on the Kobo ... targeted to 'power bookworms'. I like that phrase.

Who'd of dreamed of power bookworms, while book publishers are scrambling.

"They were reading several books per week, hundreds from libraries,” he said. “It’s a limited edition for a passionate booklover"

Page 15 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS