Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 18 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:45 AM

Joshua Reifsteck:

This would be amazing.

Welcome to the forums Joshua! And yes, it would. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 686
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 11:11 AM

340+ replies now.

Logos - can you throw us a bone? Is this in the works?

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 881
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 11:39 AM

Jerry Bush:

340+ replies now.

Logos - can you throw us a bone? Is this in the works?

Jerry

"I read dead people..."

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 2:59 PM

I am interested in being able to send a whole book to Kindle please....and have it retain page numbers, etc and not look like a pdf that is too challenging to read or highlight please.  Thanks.

Posts 142
David Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 5:18 PM

I too would like a send to Kindle.

Thanks

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 6:46 PM

JoshInRI:
I am interested in being able to send a whole book to Kindle please....and have it retain page numbers, etc and not look like a pdf that is too challenging to read or highlight please.

This isn't about the Kindle fire, it is about the "regular" kindle. Highlighting would be limited to the very limited underlining capabilities of the Kindle.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2014 1:02 PM

I might use such a feature--I find reading on eInk _much_ easier on my eyes--but the lack of highlights would probably significantly diminish my interest.

Posts 3623
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2014 1:24 PM

alabama24:
This isn't about the Kindle fire, it is about the "regular" kindle

How do you figure?  The same files work with both readers.  

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 21530
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2014 2:14 PM

Floyd Johnson:

alabama24:
This isn't about the Kindle fire, it is about the "regular" kindle

How do you figure?  The same files work with both readers.  

The difference is that you can run the Logos Android app on the Kindle Fire but not on the standard Kindle e-readers.

The major theme of this thread is about the interest in having Logos resources made available to the Kindle e-reader platform outside the use of the Logos apps

Posts 3623
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2014 2:36 PM

Graham Criddle:

The difference is that you can run the Logos Android app on the Kindle Fire but not on the standard Kindle e-readers.

The major theme of this thread is about the interest in having Logos resources made available to the Kindle e-reader platform outside the use of the Logos apps

Agreed ...  but there is nothing in the discussion that limits the files only to ink-readers.  If I want to read a book, I prefer an e-reader over a LOGOS app.  You may prefer an ink-reader, but that is no reason to limit the discussion to ink-readers.  If it is, then I have no reason to support it.

Again, the file formats are exactly the same for ink-readers and the Kindle Fire branded e-readers.  Why limit the discussion?

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2014 3:09 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Why limit the discussion?

I wasn't trying to "limit the discussion." I couldn't understand what the user's comment had to do with the thread, and believe that he was confused about what was being discussed (i.e. discussion about pdf's, etc.). 

Posts 3623
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2014 4:33 PM

alabama24:
I wasn't trying to "limit the discussion." I couldn't understand what the user's comment had to do with the thread, and believe that he was confused about what was being discussed (i.e. discussion about pdf's, etc.).

Thanks for the details - I thought as much, but after seeing Graham's comment, I thought I had missed something in the thread.  

I actually read most of my Kindle books on my Nook HD+.  I have not yet invested in a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 - so the Nook is my large screen tablet (for now).  I do own an earlier version 7" Kindle Fire, but find myself using it less and less.  I don't see enough of an advantage in the newest Kindle to move up to it from the Nook.  I'm waiting see what the next Nook (if it comes) or Kindle has to offer.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2014 1:20 PM

I just got a Kindle Paperwhite Cool

I have already read 3 books on it in two days time.

I like it. My Nook SimpleTouch is good, but lacks the backlight and the huge selection of books on Amazon.

I have not been on these forums for quite a while, but remembered way back when that this thread was here. So i thought I should check up on the progress. Apparently there is none? Disappointing, but not a big deal. I didnt buy the Kindle with Logos in mind, I just thought it would be a nice added bonus.

Posts 29
Otis Gouty | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 21 2014 12:49 PM

Yes!

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2014 8:28 PM

John:

I just got a Kindle Paperwhite Cool

Now that I own both a Nook Simple touch and a Kindle Paperwhite, I am more aware of the differences between the two of them.

First of all, the Kindle is designed primarily to read Amazons proprietary format. This works well and Amazon has a huge selection of titles.

The Nook reads titles in ePUB format. My local public library has titles you can checkout, but Kindle Paperwhite is not supported on every book.

Both readers can view PDF files. But ... the Kindle PDF reader is horrible. Bad enough to be unusable. The Nook does a great job of displaying PDF files on the e-ink screen.

My solution is to keep both readers because I value the flexibility. But I know most people don't want to buy two readers. The kindles that can run android apps from the amazon store can download an ePub reader. I don't know if a decent PDF reader is available on those or not. But the Backlit e-ink display is what makes these readers so great.

As with most technology, there is always a compromise. I would not have expected a lousy PDF reader in the Kindle though, that's a surprise.

If Logos comes up with an export to kindle feature, that would be awesome. How soon is this going to happen?

Posts 3623
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2014 8:43 PM

John:
I would not have expected a lousy PDF reader in the Kindle though, that's a surprise.

That is the result of the high contrast of the Paperwhite.  You don't have this problem on the traditional e-ink Kindle or the Kindle Fire.  I own both of these, not a Paperwhite.  

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2014 8:55 PM

Floyd Johnson:

That is the result of the high contrast of the Paperwhite.  You don't have this problem on the traditional e-ink Kindle or the Kindle Fire.  I own both of these, not a Paperwhite.  

Actually there are several problems. The layout and font sizes are not adapted to the screen as they are on the Nook. Possibly earlier kindles had better software. A digital zoom feature is available, but causes the reader to crash with "out of memory" errors. Searching for solutions, I found it was a common problem.

I am glad to hear that older e-ink kindles did not have these problems. Maybe this will be fixed in a future update. I sure hope so. Whenever I find articles I want to read on the internet, I print them to PDF files and send them to the Nook.

I love the Paperwhite display. Hope they fix this soon.

Posts 82
Anthony Keating | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2014 2:09 AM

That would be great.

Posts 21
Nicholas Hatch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2014 3:27 PM

I would love to have this feature available.  I love all the great study features logos offers through tablets, phones, and my mac, but sometimes when I just want to sit and read, e-ink is the way to go.  I can really immerse myself in a book without eyestrain.  

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2014 4:12 PM

I am a little late to the party here but please put me down as being highly in favor of this feature also. I have a variety of computers and tablets that I use Logos on but for easy reading without eye strain nothing beats my simple, inexpensive Kindle Paperwhite, in my opinion.

Page 18 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS