Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 21 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 24
Peter Montoro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 24 2014 7:19 AM

Hey Bro. Mike, 

Didn't expect to see you here! I do agree with you that that would be the ideal solution -- Ive also posted on the forums of some of the devices that are "in the pike" to see if they would make sure they support running logos. Unfortunately, I've seen more than one such device fall by the wayside before reaching production in the past several years. So I keep hoping for one or the other. Praying for you all in Greenpoint. 

Posts 21
Gary Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 24 2014 10:08 AM

I may have missed it, but I would welcome this especially if it allowed me to just "export in kindle format" and not necessarily require me plugging my kindle in. I can email books to my kindle.

I use the kindle reader on my iPad and on my desktop frequently and I'd love to be able to read there. My old iPad is really slow when running the verbum app and I'd love to be able to use the kindle reader on it instead when I'm simply reading through something like a Robert E. Brown text.

Posts 2
Michael Grinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 11 2014 11:09 AM

I would be much more willing to buy Logos titles if I could export them to my Kindle. I don't like being restricted to a single platform.

Posts 28125
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 11 2014 2:42 PM

Michael Grinder:

I would be much more willing to buy Logos titles if I could export them to my Kindle. I don't like being restricted to a single platform.

Welcome to the forums Michael! Smile

Although this feature would be very nice (I hope it comes!), I wanted to point out that you can already export to Kindle. Mark Barnes wrote an excellent guide found HERE.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3734
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 3:13 AM

Amazon has "print to kindle" function that can be used to export to kindle rather conveniently. 

The installation file for PC is here http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/pc

For Macs http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/mac

Although the printer appears in the list from the print/export dialog in Logos, I was not able to send directly to kindle from there. What worked for me was the 2 steps method: (1) From the Logos print/export pane: save as file (doc, docx and rtf are supported). (2) Right click on the saved file and click on "send to kindle". In the dialog that appears, pick the device where you want it sent (if you have more than one). Done.

Obviously this works too for other documents on the pc/mac (unconverted pbb files).

I have not had the chance to test extensively. If someone finds a way to print directly from the Logos print/export, I'm sure many would like to know.

Posts 85
Anthony Keating | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 1:15 PM

Great idea, sooner the better!!

Posts 708
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 8:44 AM

Almost 1.5 years after this thread started, it is here!

5.3 Beta 3 has the feature. I have tried it, but my Kindle is home so I have yet so see the results.

Thanks Logos! My most-requested feature is now a reality.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 3115
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 8:45 AM

Jerry Bush:

Almost 1.5 years after this thread started, it is here!

5.3 Beta 3 has the feature. I have tried it, but my Kindle is home so I have yet so see the results.

Thanks Logos! My most-requested feature is now a reality.

Jerry

I'm singing!!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 8:52 AM

Jerry Bush:
so I have yet so see the results

The results are perfect IMHO.  I am now able to take some of the more casual books along for a read.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 484
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 8:56 AM

I'm not on beta, but am excited about this soon being available to the rest of us!!

Posts 637
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:11 AM

If you make highlights on a kindle do they show up back in Logos or vice versa?

Posts 3115
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:15 AM

Stephen Steele:

No, the personal archive documents will sync across Kindles and Kindle apps but not across to Logos and back.  

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:24 AM

Stephen Steele:

As David said, No. However you can access your highlights at https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights and manually recreate them if you feel the need.

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 930
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:29 AM

What wonderful news! Thanks, Logos. This is excellent.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:29 AM

You can also access your Kindle highlights by plugging in and navigating to \documents\My Clippings.txt

That file contains all your highlights.

Check the Wiki

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:33 AM

TCBlack:

Stephen Steele:

As David said, No. However you can access your highlights at https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights and manually recreate them if you feel the need.

This is actually better! I can export my highlights to Evernote from here! With Logos highlights, I'm only able to view the truncated highlight.

What about Scripture hyperlinks??

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:40 AM

Jonathan Sine:

This is actually better! I can export my highlights to Evernote from here! With Logos highlights, I'm only able to view the truncated highlight.

What about Scripture hyperlinks??

Yes, Scripture hyperlinks are there.  when you click on the scripture, it will take you to the scripture. Same thing with footnotes.

Strange thing is that the table of contents is not hyper-linked, but if you go to the very beginning of the book, after the book cover you'll see another table of contents which is hyper-linked.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:42 AM

How soon will this be available for the general public?!?!?

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:48 AM

David Salazar:

Yes, Scripture hyperlinks are there.  when you click on the scripture, it will take you to the scripture. Same thing with footnotes.

Strange thing is that the table of contents is not hyper-linked, but if you go to the very beginning of the book, after the book cover you'll see another table of contents which is hyper-linked.

Great! Thanks David. I'm hopeful they will straighten out the rest of the hyperlinking.

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 708
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:49 AM

Garrett Mercury:

How soon will this be available for the general public?!?!?

Now, if you don't mind switching to the Beta channel. I have been using 5.3 since Beta 1 with zero issues.

Otherwise, who knows? I would guess 3-8 weeks. But I have no idea, really.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Page 21 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS