A7 - Missing Volume 1 "The bible and Its Story"

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:48 PM

I uninstalled my A6 and downloaded and reindexed my resources. I am missing "The Bible and Its Story" Volume 1.

does anyone else have this problem?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:07 AM

Definitely a bug. I'm missing volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. They show up fine in L4 Windows.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:18 AM

ha ha, your bug is worse than mine Stick out tongue

okay that proves it...  its late and I am tired.  Good night..

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:22 AM

Okay, I take it back maybe mine is just as bad.  I am also missing Volume IX of the Ante-Necene Fathers

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:30 AM

Interestingly enough, I am missing volume IX as well, but it doesn't show up in the Windows version either. See what you did?!?

Posts 10810
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 2:46 AM

I'm missing volumes 6 & 7

Posts 10810
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 2:47 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

Interestingly enough, I am missing volume IX as well, but it doesn't show up in the Windows version either. See what you did?!?

All right, what did you two do with volume 9? Mine is also missing.

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 2:50 AM

JackCaviness:

This has prompted me to stop looking while I am ahead and just assume everything is there! Wink

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:02 AM

JackCaviness:

SOLVED - Interestingly enough, I went to 1.2.2 and it doesn't appear there either.  So I thought I would go looking further afield and found the below text on the Logos website.  It doesn't exist, that's why we don't see it.  Ooops! False alarm guys!

Ante-Nicene Fathers (eds. Roberts, Donaldson, Coxe)

• Volume 1: Apostolic Fathers, Justin Martyr, Irenaeus
  • Volume 2: Hermas, Tatian, Theophilus, Athenagoras, Clement of Alexandria
  • Volume 3: Tertullian
  • Volume 4: Tertullian (IV), Minucius Felix, Origen
  • Volume 5: Hippolytus, Cyprian, Caius, Novatian, Appendix
  • Volume 6: Gregory Thaumaturgus, Dionysius, Julius Africanus, Anatolius and Minor Writers, Methodius, Arnobius
  • Volume 7: Lactantius, Venantius, Asterius Urbanus, Victorinus, Dionysius, Apostolic Teaching and Constitutions, Clement's Homily, Nicene Council and Early Liturgies
  • Volume 8: Twelve Patriarchs, Theodotus, Clement of Rome, Pseudo-Clementine Works, NT Aprocrypha, Decretals, Edessa, Syriac Documents
  • Volume 10: Gospel of Peter, Diatessaron, Various Apocryphal Works, Testament of Abraham, Epistles of Clement, Origen

Posts 10810
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:17 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
SOLVED - Interestingly enough, I went to 1.2.2 and it doesn't appear there either.  So I thought I would go looking further afield and found the below text on the Logos website.  It doesn't exist, that's why we don't see it.  Ooops! False alarm guys!

Embarrassed Well, it was Monday morning for me. 

Posts 13
Tyler Glodjo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 5:20 AM

What about the missing volume of "The Bible and Its Story".  I'm also missing a lot of my Holman References, like the Illustrated Bible Dictionary.  They show up fine on my windows cpu but are missing in A7.  Is missing resources just one of the bugs in the Alpha that will be resolved eventually?

And by the way Logos team, you are all doing spectacular!  The Mac Alpha is improving quickly and I am enjoying the progress!

Posts 40
Richard Teschendorf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 5:32 AM

I suspect the missing resources are one of the bugs in the Alpha as my Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary is also missing along with almost 50 other resources.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:07 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
That will teach me to look at such things after midnight when I don't have the time to confirm the data.  Good catch though brother.  I was beginning to think this bug was worse than the H1N1 flu and Obama would have to do a government take over of Logos just to bring relief.  Whew, disaster averted

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:09 AM

Tyler Glodjo:

What about the missing volume of "The Bible and Its Story".  I'm also missing a lot of my Holman References, like the Illustrated Bible Dictionary.  They show up fine on my windows cpu but are missing in A7.  Is missing resources just one of the bugs in the Alpha that will be resolved eventually?

And by the way Logos team, you are all doing spectacular!  The Mac Alpha is improving quickly and I am enjoying the progress!

I notice a trend in the reports here, the missing volumes are related to books that are graphics intensive.  This makes me think this could be a bug or they are being blocked until a future Alpha.  Just a guess though.

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:17 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

The ANF question about volume 9 comes up often enough that Logos should make a dummy volume 9 with the text "this volume intentionally left blank".

(actually I think it's a good idea, and should include the text from the web page: "Note: Volume 9 in the original print edition of the Ante-Nicene Fathers was a subject index for the other volumes. Volume 10 was a supplemental volume that was published after the first nine volumes. Since our own indexing is much more accurate than the print volume indexing, we chose not to include volume 9. Also, be aware that later print editions of the Ante-Nicene Fathers changed the order of volumes 9 and 10. So more recent source that cite volume 9 may acutally be referring to what you will actually find in our volume 10.")

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 10810
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 1:05 PM

Joe Miller:
 I was beginning to think this bug was worse than the H1N1 flu and Obama would have to do a government take over of Logos just to bring relief

Don't get George started! He has seldom been in the Mac forums. Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS