Hide Masoretic signs in Hebrew text

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 46
RRH | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 15 2013 12:17 AM

Earlier the Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear didn't contain the masoretic niqqudim and cantillation marks. Is it possible to hide these in the text? I want to copy the Hebrew text without these masoretic marks. Other suggestions are also welcome, because till now, I see that all Hebrew editions in Logos contain these signs.

Posts 24692
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 12:35 AM

RRH:
. Is it possible to hide these in the text?

No, that can't be done. If you post in the General forum you should get more responses.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 12:38 AM

RRH:

Earlier the Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear didn't contain the masoretic signs. Is it possible to hide these in the text? I want to copy the Hebrew text without these masoretic signs. Other suggestions are also welcome, because till now, I see that all Hebrew editions in Logos contain these signs.

I assume you are speaking of the niqqudim and the cantillation marks.  If you have the DSS texts (probably not or you would have known more about this), you could find many of the texts there without niqqudim.  The only way I know to achieve your goal is to begin at the end and backspace (not using the backspace key—use the arrow keys since things are in reverse [the first is last and the last is first]) deleting each vowel point and cantillation as you back through the passage.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 4:31 AM

RRH:
Other suggestions are also welcome

Found a parallel resource by Emanuel Tov has unpointed text:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 128
Nathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 5:40 AM

Is this a feature for this resource under the "Display" drop down? 

Posts 46
RRH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 5:47 AM

George Somsel:

I assume you are speaking of the niqqudim and the cantillation marks.  If you have the DSS texts (probably not or you would have known more about this), you could find many of the texts there without niqqudim.  The only way I know to achieve your goal is to begin at the end and backspace (not using the backspace key—use the arrow keys since things are in reverse [the first is last and the last is first]) deleting each vowel point and cantillation as you back through the passage.

Yes, sorry for confusing. I'm speaking of the niqqudim and the cantillation marks.

Posts 46
RRH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 5:49 AM

Nathan:

That would be great!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 10:15 PM

RRH:

Nathan:

That would be great!

Display menu has three options:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 46
RRH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 3:28 AM

Thanks.

But this is only possible for The Parallel Alligned Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Texts of Jewish Scriptures. Is there no option to do this in BHS or Lexham?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS