Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4
Corey Farcas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2011 12:20 PM

Yes and amen!  PDFs are all over the place and students have so many from class and the web.  If we could have some way to put them in Logos so to put every resource we have in one place.

Posts 3622
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2011 1:16 PM

Yes Rosie! I've thought about that too. However I think if you have a PDF converter and then convert that file to Word you may be able to build a Personal book that way.

mm

mm.

Posts 29050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2011 1:31 PM

Milkman:
Yes Rosie! I've thought about that too. However I think if you have a PDF converter and then convert that file to Word you may be able to build a Personal book that way.

mm - you have been caught by virus known as "old post syndrome." Rosie's post is from 2 years ago. Big Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 11534
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2011 1:41 PM

alabama24:

Milkman:

mm - you have been caught by virus known as "old post syndrome." Rosie's post is from 2 years ago. Big Smile

Still, Milkman's suggestion is valid. By the way, Calibre - which I learned about in this forum somewhere - is the only pdf converter that really was able to do this (I tested at least half a dozen).

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 29050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2011 1:53 PM

NewbieMick:
Still, Milkman's suggestion is valid.

Yup. Just sticking up for Rosie. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3622
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 22 2011 8:25 AM

Hey bama,

I noticed that after I posted it. The thread tweeked my eye because I'm experimenting with a new PDF converter program I just bought. Some old something new...

mm

mm.

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:38 AM

Perry Payne:

I have many resources gathered over the years that are in PDF format.   It would be great if Logos 4 had the ability to scan through these documents to identify resource references, etc.   I realize that it wouldn't work as well since these files are not setup the same, but it would be a nice addition.   I know that there are programs that search through PDF's, but it would be nice to have this information available in Passage Guides, etc when information is found in our PDF's.

I'm sure that there is something I'm missing in this simplified thought process, but wanted to throw it out there anyway.

Perry

Hello, I would like to draw attention to this suggestion again.. ;)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:54 AM

The solution is to convert those PDF's to .docx and then import them via PB.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:23 AM

Hi Friend, I have noticed the hinderances in my own experience with these methods. i, personally only request "searching" abilitiy. Absent other pbb qualities. I believe this would make it much easier for Logos and would give users the basics to utilize their on and offline libraries.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:49 AM

I understand what you mean Douglas. Unfortunately I do not believe this is going to happen. PDF searching is not their direction.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:36 PM

I understand. Thanks :)

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS