Misspellings in "Bringing Up Boys"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 113
Mark Prim | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 23 2013 6:19 PM

This book is full of errors. I have sent some of them into Logos, but still nothing has been done. I was only make it it the first couple of pages of the third chapter before I had to stop reading it. Maybe I am the only one reading this book, but still can ther be anything else done to correct the errors? I bought this book back in December of 2011, and have still not had any correction. Here is a screen print of one of the errors

http://vyrso.com/product/14706/bringing-up-boys

Posts 113
Mark Prim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 6:23 PM

Sorry for the errors in my post. The screen print shows where there are repeated paragraphs. The first one starts with "Boys are..." and then the fifth one starts with "Boys are.." the next three  paragraphs repeat.

Posts 27428
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 6:51 PM

Mark Prim:
This book is full of errors. I have sent some of them into Logos, but still nothing has been done.

Vyrso "editions" are different than Logos ones in many ways, especially in that the conversion process is largely automated. From your description, it seems like this resource is particularly egregious. Are the errors largely repeating paragraphs? I know that this happens sometimes when the resource has "callouts."

FYI - In the future it would be better to post this thread in the Vyrso forum, so that the Vyrso employees will be more likely to see it. I will send an email to one of my contacts to see if there is any way to have this resource looked at.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 113
Mark Prim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 9:28 PM

Thank you for the info. I was not sure which to put this in. 

The repeated paragraphs were the only ones I found, but the majority of the mistakes I found  missing spaces between words, misspellings and other formatting errors.

Posts 379
Brian Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2013 5:34 AM

Hi Mark,

I apologize for the errors you've seen in the ebook, we've notified the publisher of the errors. As Alabama mentioned above, the process of conversion and creation of Vyrso ebooks is different than Logos edition resources. We've added a few features to enhance the ebooks in the app, but we aren't responsible for editing the resources. We will continue to work with the publisher to try to make the resource better, but it is their decision make changes and edits. Let me know if there is I can do to improve your Vyrso experience. Again, I apologize for the problems you've experienced!

Brian

Posts 113
Mark Prim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2013 10:36 AM

Thank you Brian for the response. Is there a way I can return this book?

Posts 379
Brian Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2013 11:03 AM

Hi Mark, we can make that happen. I'll let someone in Customer Service know and they will refund your purchase. Again, I apologize for the problems you experienced. 

Posts 379
Brian Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2013 11:16 AM

Mark, we have refunded your purchase. Please allow 7-10 business days for the refund to fully process. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to improve your experience with Vyrso!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS