updating while working offline

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 24 2013 2:28 PM

is it possible to receive a software update while in the "work offline" setting on logos 4.  this happened to a friend of mine who has the software installed on his laptop and also on a computer at the ministry headquarters.  He updated his laptop to logos 5, however the work computer has been left in the "work offline" setting in order to prevent syncing since other people at the ministry reference it occasionally.  Somehow, the computer at the office updated to logos 5, even though it was not "working online".

any thoughts?

Posts 27549
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2013 4:22 PM

James Taylor:
is it possible to receive a software update while in the "work offline" setting on logos 4

I don't think so, unless perhaps someone typed "update now."

James Taylor:
the work computer has been left in the "work offline" setting in order to prevent syncing since other people at the ministry reference it occasionally

They aren't supposed to… Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 16
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2013 4:44 PM

Wink

ok thanks

Posts 24842
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2013 10:25 PM

alabama24:

James Taylor:
is it possible to receive a software update while in the "work offline" setting on logos 4

I don't think so, unless perhaps someone typed "update now."

At least in Windows, update and sync commands do not work in Offline mode i.e. you have to be online to receive updates and to sync.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27549
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2013 6:06 AM

Dave Hooton:
in Windows, update and sync commands do not work in Offline mode i.e. you have to be online to receive updates and to sync.

That is unfortunate. I know that some users want to finely control internet usage.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24842
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 26 2013 9:46 PM

alabama24:
That is unfortunate. I know that some users want to finely control internet usage.

Logos have honed it so that Use Internet = NO also means you are Offline.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS