Logos 5 cashing, Windows 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Steve. Kilgore | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 28 2013 6:30 AM

Over the last couple of weeks my version of Logos 5 has become unstable.  Currently I get an error message from Windows stating that Logos caused a problem and must be shut down.

System:

Dell Latitude E6520, Intel i5-2520 @ 2.50 GHz, 8 GM RAM, Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

In the event viewer I have two "error" messages

Faulting application name: Logos.exe, version: 5.0.2.755, time stamp: 0x519527b6
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988950
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00014b32
Faulting process id: 0xe54
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5ba31993a7b3
Faulting application path: C:\Users\skilgore\AppData\Local\Logos4\System\Logos.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: fc0ae8fa-c796-11e2-bebe-9cb70def2d4d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

AND

Application: Logos.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException
Stack:
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand, System.Data.CommandBehavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteTransaction.Commit()
at Libronix.Utility.Data.Connector.CommitTransaction()
at Libronix.Utility.Data.PoolableConnector.CommitTransaction()
at LDLS4.ResourceMetadataUpdateServiceClient.SetNextStatusFromLibraryCatalog(System.Object)
at Libronix.Utility.Threading.DelegateAsyncWorkItem.<ExecuteCore>b__0(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at Libronix.Utility.Threading.DelegateAsyncWorkItem.ExecuteCore()
at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkItem.Execute()
at Libronix.Utility.Threading.ThreadPoolAsyncWorkItem.<StartCore>b__0(System.Object)
at Libronix.Utility.Threading.GroupedThreadPool.ExecuteNextCallback(System.Object)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Posts 28575
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 6:37 AM

Steve - Please enable and post logs. When you get the log files, please attach them using the paperclip icon (rather than pasting them in). You can learn more by following the appropriate link in my signature line.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28575
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 7:41 AM

What about the logos.log file (which is generally the most important)? I saw that your crash log had "Some kind of disk I/O error occurred." Hopefully the logos.log file will shed some light.

Posts 18
Steve. Kilgore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 9:08 AM

Sorry, I only included the newest files.  Here is the logos.log file which is a couple months old.

76581.Logos.log

Posts 28575
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 9:21 AM

Steve. Kilgore:
Here is the logos.log file which is a couple months old.

If it is a couple of months old, it is likely because you didn't enable logging. Can you take a look at the link in my signature line about turning that on?

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 9:34 AM

Hello Steve,

I apologize for the difficulty. It appears that Logos is crashing while interacting with KernelBase.dll. Because this isn't normal behavior, we can assume something is wrong with either KernelBase or Logos. I can't help you with KernelBase, that's a Microsoft/Windows DLL, but we can treat the potential problem with Logos.

I would recommend re-installing Logos using the following instructions:

• Right-click the Logos icon and select "Properties".
  • Click the "Open File Location" button.
  • Move the DataDocuments & Users folders to your Desktop.
  • Uninstall Logos.
  • Install Logos fresh from www.logos.com/install.
    • Logos may open automatically; if it does, close it.
  • Right-click the Logos icon and select "Properties".
  • Click the "Open File Location" button.
  • Move the DataDocuments & Users folders from your Desktop, to the Logos directory.
    • Replace any files if prompted.
  • Open Logos & sign in.

If this does not resolve the crash, they may be something wrong with the Windows files Logos is interacting with. It may be necessary to repair those Windows components from your Windows installation DVD.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS