backing up logos to time machine

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 16
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 29 2013 5:59 AM

anyone know if backing up to time machine will save all your personal books inside logos?  I have a couple hundred books and would hate to lose all that work if it were to crash or something?(meaning that I'd have to import them all over again, not that I would lose the actual docx files)

Also just in general, would logos have to redownload or anything if I got a new computer and installed from the time machines last back up or would everything just pick up right where it left off?

Thanks!

Posts 21916
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 6:04 AM

Hi James

Sorry but I don't know the answer to your questions in a Mac context - suggest you repost in the Logos 5 forum (http://community.logos.com/forums/109.aspx) where more Mac users are likely to see it

While waiting for a Mac expert you might want to look at the article at http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs

Graham

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 6:43 AM

James Taylor:
anyone know if backing up to time machine will save all your personal books inside logos?

In theory, yes. If you are doing a complete backup of your computer, then you should be able to restore your installation of Logos back to the time when the backup was performed.

I have not messed around with backing up my personal books (I have the .docx files safe). It might be in your best interest to learn where those files are kept and to make a manual backup yourself. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 16
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 1:54 AM

thanks!

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 4:34 AM

James Taylor:
Also just in general, would logos have to redownload or anything if I got a new computer and installed from the time machines last back up or would everything just pick up right where it left off?

During one of the L4 betas I was able to successfully restore Logos from a Time Machine backup.

As for the new computer. If you still have the old one when you first set up the new Mac, the Mac OS can transfer everything to the new machine. Just installed a new iMac and was able to restore everything from a Time Machine backup. Could have also transferred it all from the old machine via my local network.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS