Jewish Quarterly Review

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 2 2013 7:23 PM

I would like to have JQR available in Logos. Like JBL, it is available on JSTOR, but I want it in Logos format. If you would like it too, please Yes.

Yes

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 8:15 PM

Disappointed there hasn't been more interest in JQR.  Surprise

Posts 128
Nathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:49 PM

For some reason I keep nodding off when I look at this..

No sizzle for mizzle.  I'm probly too ignorant... But hey enlighten me.  Why do I NEED this?

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 12:52 AM

I'd never heard of it, but sure, I'd order it if I saw it show up in pre-pub, if it weren't too outrageously priced.

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:09 AM

Rosie Perera:

I'd never heard of it, but sure, I'd order it if I saw it show up in pre-pub, if it weren't too outrageously priced.

http://jqr.pennpress.org/strands/jqr/home.htm;jsessionid=CC89E9E99EC43C7EAA633BF63262BEA2

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:22 AM

I agree that the price couldn't be too high or I wouldn't get it. I also agree that there are some articles that don't float my boat. But there are articles about the Bible and Mishna/Talmud/Tosefta, etc. Encouraging Logos to put it on PrePub doesn't cost anyone anything.

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:04 AM

George Somsel:

Rosie Perera:

http://jqr.pennpress.org/strands/jqr/home.htm;jsessionid=CC89E9E99EC43C7EAA633BF63262BEA2

Thanks George. David had provided the link above and I'd already gone to the website to see what it was, hence my post. I wouldn't blindly say I'd be willing to order something without having looked into what it was.

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 9:34 AM

Nathan:

For some reason I keep nodding off when I look at this..

No sizzle for mizzle.  I'm probly too ignorant... But hey enlighten me.  Why do I NEED this?

I trust this is a sufficient reply.

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 9:51 AM

At 2,998 results in my library I would say that JQR is a widely referred to work, but as is pointed out in another thread FL seems to see journals as a pretty low priority.

-dan

Posts 566
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 10:09 PM

I definitely would buy this if it came to Logos. I am interested in any academic journal series for in depth bible study. And yet, they tend to get stuff that is old and somewhat outdated. I do not understand why journals are not more of a priority for Faithlife. Journals in Logos are much easier to search and use than trying to find a library with access to the journal database(s) in my area or purchasing access from multiple different sources online. I can't afford that.

Logos 8.1.0.0016 + Faithlife Connect | macOS Mojave 10.14.2 | Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15" | 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD PCIe Express

Posts 10035
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 27 2017 6:07 AM

I'd probably not buy it, since it was shipped a while back. Since the volumes ended in the roaring 20s, I'd still not buy it.

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 27 2017 8:11 AM

Denise:

Since the volumes ended in the roaring 20s, I'd still not buy it.

Well, to start, it continues to be published to this day...

I have no idea why Logos truncated this offering in the 20s, but they should be actively seeking to offer the complete run. I think the current price for the 13 old volumes they offer now is ridiculously overpriced, but getting it as part of the Master Journal Bundle is acceptable. Again, this journal is often quoted by other Logos resources, so it is desirable to have ALL of it available in Logos. I encourage FL to extend its offering of this as far up to the present as possible.

Posts 10035
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 27 2017 10:25 AM

Indeed. 

Actually, some of the roaring 20's JQR articles made use of Dr Heiser's material (reverse time machine). 'the Old Testament in Light of the Ancient East' (Jeremias).  I've not seen a discussion of who stood/sat athe right hand of a king/god. Apparently, an angel/messenger in the Babylonian sequence.

Posts 682
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 28 2017 12:32 AM

I'd go for this one - too

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS