"Angels that sinned" - 2 Peter 2:4/Jude 6

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 26257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:25 PM

George Somsel:
I was always of the opinion that you first determine the use then you do the translation rather than the reverse.

Poor George. You always get it backwards. If you aren't careful, you'll make your brain you most exercised organ.SadGeekedWink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 6:29 PM

Joshua Lieder:

I personally have been unable to use Logos (or more importantly my Bible) to find any evidence for what seems to be suggested here.
If I were to say that men became angels or help foster that belief, I would personally be concerned I would be a liar and misleading others.
I stick close to the recognized, traditional, wonderful Canon in my Logos searches.  I believe God created the angels and some of them went the wrong way.  I believe we were not intended to follow those wayward created beings into Hell with Satan.  What Jesus said solidified this belief for me.  All glory praise and honor be unto Him forever and ever - amen.

Joshua,[Thanks for the comment]

I would like to read the Scriptural support for this[bold,underlined,italics above]-? Would you be so kind as to post it and comment on it.....I am sure that you can find it in the L5 library.

MJ. Smith:

George Somsel:
I was always of the opinion that you first determine the use then you do the translation rather than the reverse.

Poor George. You always get it backwards. If you aren't careful, you'll make your brain you most exercised organ.SadGeekedWink

MJ, I have to agree w/Bro.George on this one, usage should always come first.....

R4m

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS