LOGOS- THE LEIDEN PESHITTA

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
William Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:24 PM

Hi

I need some information about the The Leiden Peshitta Software.

Is the text avalaible in Serto? With or without vowels (Old and New Testament)?

Is it possible to paste the Peshitta's text and copy it on a word file?

Thanks anyone who can help me.

Regards

William

Posts 22227
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 12:52 AM

Hi William - and welcome to the forums.

I don't have this resource so can only comment generally - I am sure people who own the resource will be able to add more specific information.

William Wilson:
Is the text avalaible in Serto?

From the product description page (http://www.logos.com/product/4642/the-leiden-peshitta):

Key Features

• The entire running text of the entire Old Testament and New Testament, plus deutero-canonical works
  • Limited critical apparatus
  • Two manuscript versions of Tobit, Epistle of Baruch, 1 Maccabees, Prayer of Manasseh, and Psalms
  • Available in two Syriac scripts: Serto and Estrangela

This suggests it should be available in Serto.

William Wilson:

In general, the content of Logos resources can be exported to Word (and other documents) but there is a limit of 100 pages at a time.

Whether there are any formatting issues with this particular resource is something someone with the resource would need to comment on.

Hopefully this will help a little until someone can come along with more information.

Graham

Posts 1275
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 4:55 AM

William Wilson:

Is the text avalaible in Serto?  

You can choose your preferred font (Estrangelo or Serto) in the Program Settings.

William Wilson:

With or without vowels (Old and New Testament)?

The Old Testament is based on the Leiden Peshitta edition (The Old Testament in Syriac according to the Peshiṭta Version) and has no vowels points.

The New Testament comes from the SEDRA database and does have vowel points.

See also the following thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/39837/297218.aspx

William Wilson:

I've had no problems copying the text to an openoffice file.

Posts 3
William Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:23 AM

Thanks a lot Mr Van Der Wal and Mr Criddle.

If it is possible to get the text in Serto with vowels (at least for the Nt), I am buying it immediatly.

William

Posts 1275
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:33 AM

William Wilson:

Thanks a lot Mr Van Der Wal and Mr Criddle.

If it is possible to get the text in Serto with vowels (at least for the Nt), I am buying it immediatly.

William

You're welcome.

May I ask what you need the Peshitta text for? If you're learning Syriac and it's only the NT you need, you might consider buying the morphological tagged edition for $19.95.

Here you can find all Syriac products that Logos currently offers:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Language=Syriac&Live=&Status=Live&start=&sort=bestselling&pageSize=15

Posts 164
Niko | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:09 AM

I dont have Leiden. I have mac and some resources that have syriac and the font does not display properly. If you have pc, you should not have any problems.

Posts 3
William Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:51 AM

I am going to copy from a hand-written text made by a Professor and then put it on pc with WORD. Writing in Syriac with the pc is not so easy (for me) and so, as far as the text from the Holy Scriptures is concerned, I can directly copy from Logos and spare a lot of time...

Now I have to check if there are also parts from the Old Testament

Anyway Thank you again for your advice

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS