Adding hyperlinks to notes

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Clyde Sickler | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2009 3:56 AM

I would like to be able to add a hyperlink in a note to the Greek or Hebrew dictionary for a word.  For example, I might have something in a note such as "see H998".  So far I have not been able to discover how to do this.  ANy suggestions?

I have been able to discover that it is possible to add hyperlinks to Bible verses in a note, so at least some types of hyperlinks work.  I wish there was a writeup on what works in the hyperlink field for notes and clippings.

Posts 3805
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:35 AM

ClydeSickler:
I wish there was a writeup on what works in the hyperlink field for notes and clippings.

Here's your write up. Currently only websites (must start with http://) and passages. They are working on resource links. For now you have to create the link in Word and then copy and paste it into L4 notes. If you need a walkthrough on how to do it I can send one your way.

Posts 8583
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:28 AM

Philip, That might be a good one for the wiki.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3805
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:38 AM

Thomas Black:

Yeah, I need to set aside a couple hours for the wiki. I was hesitant to put it on there because i know Logos is going to fix the hyperlink box soon :-) for those looking...

Posts 18075
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:07 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Thomas Black:

Yeah, I need to set aside a couple hours for the wiki. I was hesitant to put it on there because i know Logos is going to fix the hyperlink box soon :-)

It's easy enough to remove temporary workaround instructions from the wiki once they are no longer necessary. But it would be good to have this one up there.

Posts 3605
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:37 PM

ClydeSickler:

I would like to be able to add a hyperlink in a note to the Greek or Hebrew dictionary for a word.  For example, I might have something in a note such as "see H998".  So far I have not been able to discover how to do this.  ANy suggestions?

I have been able to discover that it is possible to add hyperlinks to Bible verses in a note, so at least some types of hyperlinks work.  I wish there was a writeup on what works in the hyperlink field for notes and clippings.

Clyde, I just have to give you some FC Dallas props.  It's a rare thing to see a soccer fan on this site, let alone MLS, let alone FC Dallas.  And oh, super glad you are the the fire breathing horsey "Dallas Burn" anymore. . . .

And along the way I learned somehting I have never known how to do.  thanks!

PS, if i download Beta 5 is it a minimal upgrade (i mean, not the 10 Gig + , right?

HP Pavilion dv 7z 1000   AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 2.10 GHz  3.00 GB RAM 64-bit Win 7

Posts 1
Jeff Ballantyne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:29 AM

Actually I am still confused on how it works with hyperlinks.  In Logos 3, I was able to write out a bible reference like, John 8:23 and then make sure that my cursor was in the note area and click a button on the top of the note for hyperlink and then all of the references would automatically be created with hyperlink.  So then I could simply click on the reference in the note and it would take me to the verse in my favorite bible.  How can this now be done in Logos 4?  Any help would be appreciated. 

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:33 AM

JeffBallantyne:

Actually I am still confused on how it works with hyperlinks.  In Logos 3, I was able to write out a bible reference like, John 8:23 and then make sure that my cursor was in the note area and click a button on the top of the note for hyperlink and then all of the references would automatically be created with hyperlink.  So then I could simply click on the reference in the note and it would take me to the verse in my favorite bible.  How can this now be done in Logos 4?  Any help would be appreciated. 

You can create hyperlinks to Bible Refs in Logos 4 notes. Type in what you want to be a hyperlink in the note and then highlight it and then type/paste the bible reference in the "hyperlink" box and then hit enter.

Posts 5
Clyde Sickler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:53 AM

With the latest version it seems to be fairly simple to make a hyperlink to a Bible reference.  For example, if you simply include John 8:23 in your note it automatically becomes a hyperlink.  So long as the Bible reference is in the form L4 recognizes it seems to work.

Posts 18075
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 12:34 PM

ClydeSickler:

With the latest version it seems to be fairly simple to make a hyperlink to a Bible reference.  For example, if you simply include John 8:23 in your note it automatically becomes a hyperlink.  So long as the Bible reference is in the form L4 recognizes it seems to work.

Yes, I can confirm that works in SR7.

Posts 284
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 11:24 AM

Philip Spitzer:
Yeah, I need to set aside a couple hours for the wiki. I was hesitant to put it on there because i know Logos is going to fix the hyperlink box soon :-) for those looking...

Also read the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Hyperlinks#Creating . . .

The hyperlink opens L3 (as noted in the Wiki) and I was wondering if this had been fixed in L4.0b, or, there was another recommended work-around (to keep from editing the registry) until hyperlinking in L4 is brought up to L3 capacity?

Thanks, Jerry

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 3:34 PM

Jerry Smith:

Also read the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Hyperlinks#Creating . . .

The hyperlink opens L3 (as noted in the Wiki) and I was wondering if this had been fixed in L4.0b, or, there was another recommended work-around (to keep from editing the registry) until hyperlinking in L4 is brought up to L3 capacity?

Unfortunately, it appears that Logos 4 doesn't check the registry for the status of the libronixdls protocol when you upgrade (from 4.0a to 4.0b etc.). Editing the registry is the only way to get libronixdls links to open L4.

Posts 15
Thomas Sterbens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2010 4:44 PM

OK...so I've done everything here to no avail.

The final word is that hyperlinks to NON Bible resources will not work...   Is that statement correct?

Thanks

Posts 18075
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2010 5:07 PM

Thomas Sterbens:

OK...so I've done everything here to no avail.

The final word is that hyperlinks to NON Bible resources will not work...   Is that statement correct?

That statement is not correct. They should work. What is happening for you when you try to create a hyperlink to a non-Bible resource? Are you having the problem where the hyperlink opens L3 or something other? What version of L4 are you running (check in the About Box which you can bring up from the help menu)?

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 12:40 AM

Thomas Sterbens:

NOT correct. I think you can create a link to most things in Logos4. (I'm using the 4.0d Beta 3 version, so I might have a few things working are may still be a week or two or so from the main release.)

I had never before tried what I show below. On the right, I have BDAG open to "Logos/Word", and on the left, I've added a link to it on my Note entry. As I move the mouse (not shown) over the link, the Tool Tip box displays as can be seen. If I hold Control and click the link, BDAG with go to the entry, and even open first if required.

To make this Note entry, I do as follows:

1. Select and Copy the text of the entry in BDAG, and paste into my Note.
  2. In BDAG, click the "Copy Location as URI" to make a Link in the Windows Clipboard
  3. In my Note, select the portion I wish to make as the active link
  4. Paste into the Hyperlink box and press return

Maybe in time this will be easier, but if its important, it can be made to work even now (subject to me using the 4.0d Beta)

Posts 15
Thomas Sterbens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 7:40 AM

I have done everything you described.

I am able to obtain the hyperlink path statement and paste it into the hyperlink dialog box.  Although it changes the appearance of the respective text within the "note" to appear as hyperlink text...nothing happens when I hover the pointer or click on the text.  I have attempted pasting the hyperlink path statement directly into the note file and it does not function either.

A note:  I am running L4 in a "Paralells" virtual machine environment on a Macbook Pro.  I have been doing this for only one month, so I am certainly apprised of all the nuances of this environment.  However, I have not encountered any other prohibitions in the Parallels Windows 7 environment.

Also, the typical Windows menu bar is available in Parallells so I have not determined how to locate the version of L4.

Last - I did not post this on the post this on the Mac side of the forum due to the fact that I was dealing with the Windows version.  If this is unique to the Mac side of things then I will post there if someone will let me know.

Thanks a lot!

tom

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 9:55 AM

Tom,

Do you hold down Ctrl when you click the link? If nothing happens it is probably a missing registry key, open up Regedit and looks for the key described at http://wiki.logos.com/Hyperlinks#Problem.3a_Libronix_DLS_executes_the_protocol_instead_of_Logos_4 (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\libronixdls\shell\open\command)

Posts 18369
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 9:57 AM

Hi Tom

Have you tried "Ctrl-Click" on the link text?

Graham

Posts 9944
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 3:12 PM

Kevin Becker:

Tom,

Do you hold down Ctrl when you click the link? If nothing happens it is probably a missing registry key, open up Regedit and looks for the key described at http://wiki.logos.com/Hyperlinks#Problem.3a_Libronix_DLS_executes_the_protocol_instead_of_Logos_4 (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\libronixdls\shell\open\command)

I changed the key per the wiki article, rebooted and still have no success.  Fortunately, L3 still links properly.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 4:05 PM

George Somsel:
I changed the key per the wiki article, rebooted and still have no success.  Fortunately, L3 still links properly.

This indicates that your machine is looking at another instance of the libronixdls key. Open up the find option and look for another occurrence of the same key just not under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Change all you find and hopefully that will divert the hyperlink to L4 instead of L3.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.