Brief Video Demonstrating My Layout for OT Expository Studies

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2564
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:44 AM

Here is a video demonstrating my OT Layout. You should view the NT video if you have not as I do not go over the layout in detail in this video, only the main differences for OT studies. Comments and suggestions welcome.

http://biblesoftwarenewsletter.blogspot.com/2009/12/favorite-layout-for-expository-ot.html

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:55 AM

thumbs up Smile

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:58 AM

Nice layout. I hadn't realized that sympathetic highlighting could work across English, Greek, and Hebrew; that's cool.

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:07 AM

I get new ideas from each of these, although I'm not quite ready for the kind of language work you can do.  Confused

I'm also anxious to have the features I see in your beta and hope they will be ready for users in January at some point.  Even the seemingly small stuff makes the interface that much nicer to use.

K

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 2564
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:27 AM

Hi Kaye,

I am demonstrating how the language study can be done, however, I am a lay person and am working on my original language skills just like you.Smile Note I used a Hebrew interlinear...

We just need to be diligent, have reasonable expectations and take things one day at a time. God willing, the skills will follow. Of course, having the right software and resources help greatly.

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:35 AM

I did note the interlinear.  I bought the Christian Home edition of Logos 3 in October and before it was even installed I was on the phone with sales to upgrade so I could have interlinears.  It was strongly impressed on me before my call to Logos to have them and learn to use them and so I am.  :-)

Don't worry!  I'm pretty persistent with learning new things and not at all faint hearted for the tough stuff.  My Greek books and flashcards are due to arrive today!!

I look forward to anything else you and the other innovative users put into video for us.

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 1:15 PM

John Fidel:
Here is a video demonstrating my OT Layout. You should view the NT video if you have not as I do not go over the layout in detail in this video, only the main differences for OT studies. Comments and suggestions welcome.

One comment John. You are a machine. You are amazing.  Great videos!!!

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:57 PM

Thank you, John

Regards

Steve F

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS