Page 5 of 5 (96 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 95 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 5:06 PM

I would like to see this resource in Logos SDA and will work on it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts 250
Edwin Sully PAYET | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 11:48 PM

I would like to have this book in Logos

Ron du Preez, ed., Prophetic Principles: Crucial Exegetical, Theological, Historical & Practical Insights, Scripture Symposium Number 1

http://www.amazon.com/Prophetic-Principles-Exegetical-Theological-Historical/dp/0978605438 

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 12:30 PM

Edwin Sully PAYET:

David Salazar:

http://www.wallawalla.edu/nc/about-wwu/news/article/view/ellen-white-volume-to-be-published-by-oxford-university-press/

In early July Oxford University Press announced that it would publish a new biography of Ellen Gould Harmon White. In 18 chapters prepared by 20 authors Ellen Harmon White: American Prophet examines her ideas and the impact she has made on the Seventh-day Adventist church and American religion generally....

is it already published? or on the point to be published?

who wrote the book? how many articles will be in the book?

Somebody knows more about it?

Saw the book on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Ellen-Harmon-White-American-Prophet/dp/0199373868/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid= 

Not yet released but on the book details it has it as being published May 16, 2104, so a few months

Posts 250
Edwin Sully PAYET | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 6:11 PM

David Salazar:

Saw the book on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Ellen-Harmon-White-American-Prophet/dp/0199373868/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid= 

Not yet released but on the book details it has it as being published May 16, 2104, so a few months

thanks for the info

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:16 AM

I have this book on my list of desired acquisitions. I hope we can get it from Oxford--thanks for the recommendation.

BTW, yesterday we prepared the product page posting for the new EGW Encyclopedia from the R&H. It will soon go up on pre-pub.

Posts 1042
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:16 AM

Martin Weber:
BTW, yesterday we prepared the product page posting for the new EGW Encyclopedia from the R&H. It will soon go up on pre-pub.

That is great news Martin!

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 2:19 PM

Its here. https://www.logos.com/product/40778/the-ellen-g-white-encyclopedia 

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1042
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 2:35 PM

Thanks, well spotted!

A brief video by George Knight about the book is on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3WXwHZXUok

A shame this link can not be on the product page but I don't think this is ever done.

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 1:40 PM

Dr. Weber, I would like to add another one.  I have not gone through this entire thread so I don't know if this book has already been suggested.  Anyhow, the book:

Altar Call By Dr. Roy Gane.  I think Diadem is the publisher in Berrien Springs MI.  Anyhow, great book and it needs to be on Logos.  This book is tremendous in Sanctuary truth and for exegetical purposes, this man knows this subject very well and would great to have this work.  

Shalom...

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 1:46 PM

Thanks! I've added this to my list of desired acquisitions.

Martin

Posts 250
Edwin Sully PAYET | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2014 8:22 PM

I was looking for one of Dr Gane's book

And I found this

Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary: Old Testament

Roy E. Gane (Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley), Leviticus

I knew he did wrote the NIV Application Commentary: Leviticus, Numbers. But I did not know that he wrote also for another commentary set

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 23 2014 4:35 PM

Yes he did write for that set as well.  I asked him about it and he said it is a wonderful commentary set to have.  I looked to see if you could purchase separately his portion but that is not an available option like the NIV set.  I have it on my wish list just because of what he told me about it.  Well the OT portion anyway, not sure I can afford the NT one.

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 25 2014 4:31 PM

Martin Weber:

Thanks! I've added this to my list of desired acquisitions.

Martin

Great Martin, as far as I know, I think Dr. Gane owns the rights to this book there so I think you'll be calling him I'm sure.

Thanks again for all you doing to make Logos even better.

Shalom

Posts 1
Christopher Adame | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2014 5:54 PM

I would really like to see the following (I just know I'll think of others as soon as I finish posting this right now):

- Feed My Sheep by HMS Richards

- Adventism's Greatest Need by Ron Clouzet

- Decoding Bible Prophecy by Ron Clouzet

- Majesty - Experiencing Authentic Worship by S. Joseph Kidder

- Ellen White On Salvation by Woodrow Whidden

- Ellen White On The Humanity Of Christ by Woodrow Whidden

- Trinity - Understanding God's Love, His Plan Of Salvation, And Christian Relationships by Woodrow Whidden

- Bible Book Shelf (BBS) companion guides to the Quarterlies. (It's okay if this one isn't directly included, I would just be very interested in having it on Logos, ideally in some sort of subscription deal, while also being able to go through some archives).

- Who's Afraid Of The Judgment? by Roy Gane

- Seventh-Day Adventists Believe... (2005 Edition)

- Daniel - Wisdom To The Wise by Zdravko Stefanovic

- DARCOM Series

- Worship At Satan's Throne by Stephen Bohr

- Prophecy's Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde by Stephen Bohr

- Hidden Sabbath Truths by Stephen Bohr

- All twelve volumes of SDA Bible Commentary

- Bible Readings For The Home Circle (Not sure which edition is the best)

- Truth Matters - Escaping The Labyrinth Of Error by Walter J. Veith

- Diet And Health - Scientific Perspectives by Walter J. Veith

- The Genesis Conflict by Walter J. Veith

- Winsome Witnessing - Dynamic Ways To Share Your Faith! by Garry Gibbs

- Bothersome And Disturbing Bible Passages by Louis R. Torres

- Gaining Decisions For Christ - A How-To Manual by Louis R. Torres

- Answers To Difficult Bible Questions by Joe Crews

- The Book Of Bible Answers by Doug Batchelor

- Amazing Facts Pocket Books

- Amazing Facts Study Guides (The Next Millennium Bible Study Guides and the Millennium Of Prophecy Storacles)

- Operation Blueprint - Earth's Final Movie by Ivor Myers

- The Antichrist Agenda - The Ten Commandments Twice Removed by Danny Shelton

- Waking The Dead - Returning Plateaued And Declining Churches To Vibrancy by Russell Burrill

- Armageddon At The Door - An Insider's Guide To The Book Of Revelation by Jon Paulien

- The Deep Things Of God - An Insider's Guide To The Book Of Revelation by Jon Paulien

- Secrets Of Revelation - The Apocalypse Through Hebrew Eyes by Jacques B. Doukhan

- Secrets Of Daniel - Wisdom And Dreams Of A Jewish Prince In Exile by Jacques B. Doukhan

- Seven Keys by Jon Paulien

- I also recall at one point somebody telling me about this one book, or perhaps a series of books, which is now out of print. It dealt with giving the contexts and backstories behind each of Sister White's letters/Testimonies to the Church. Does anybody recall anything of this sort?

Lastly, a lot of these suggestions, as well as a number of the ones which the brothers posted earlier have an official corresponding Spanish translation in print. Would it be possible to also somehow get our hands on those?

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2014 6:42 PM

Welcome to the forums Christopher. If you are not familiar with this page, please see a list of works already completed or planned. Others will be posted later. https://www.logos.com/sda 

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 27 2014 8:24 AM

That's quite a good list, Christopher. I'm in fact working on a number of them already. It's a lengthy process of gaining licensing approvals, digitizing, tagging in the unique Logos ecosystem, product promotion preparation, etc. And it all starts with a list of suggestions, such as you have shared. Thank you! And may God bless your witness for Him.

--- Martin Weber, Logos SDA product manager

Page 5 of 5 (96 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS