Suggestions for general ANE/Egyptian Histories

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2005
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:54 AM

I looked through and have not found many full Ancient Near Eastern or Egyptian history titles.  I would love to get suggestions of books already available, but I thought I would go ahead and add a couple of general volumes that I think would fill a need in Logos.

A History of the Ancient Near East ca. 3000 - 323 BC [Blackwell History of the Ancient World Ser.] by Marc Van De Mieroop  (Oct 6, 2006)

A History of Ancient Egypt by Marc Van De Mieroop  (Aug 30, 2010) [available for Kindle]

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 164
Niko | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:31 AM

Yes

Posts 573
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:28 PM

I'd be interested in these!

I'd love to see more resources on the ANE as a whole, books that compare between ANE languages, and resources on specific ANE civilizations. We have some on Israel (I'd like to see more), but I'd like to see a few on Egypt, Syria, Assyria, Babylonia, and more. I'd also like more books on Greek Civilization and Roman Civilization, as well as books that discuss how each of these cultures affected Israel, and books that discuss how these cultures have influenced the Church. I would also like to see more books on Archaeology (both Old and New Testament periods).

Logos 8.7.0.0042 + Faithlife Connect | macOS Mojave 10.14.6 | Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15" | 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD PCIe Express

Posts 2005
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 4:41 AM

Another suggestion:

The Ancient Mesopotamian City by Marc Van De Mieroop (Dec 9, 1999)

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2005
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 5:51 AM

Another suggestion:

The Sumerians: Their History, Culture, and Character (Phoenix Books)

by Samuel Noah Kramer

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS