New edition of G.K. Chesterton's "Orthodoxy" free on Kindle -- can we get it on Logos too? For cheap if not free?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:20 PM

A friend alerted me to this because a friend of his wrote the introduction:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DEUQ9GW 

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 5:41 AM

Thanks Rosie.

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 5:52 AM

It's published by Moody.  Remember Moody?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 12108
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 5:54 AM

Rosie Perera:

A friend alerted me to this because a friend of his wrote the introduction:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DEUQ9GW 

Thanks a lot, they put it on Amazon.de as well!

If we can't get it from Logos (did you look at the publisher's name?), each one interested might at least make a PB for themselves.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 5:57 AM

What is new besides the introduction? I am sure everyone knows this is already a Logos resource.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 6:59 AM

Todd Phillips:

It's published by Moody.  Remember Moody?

Who dat?  Moody Blues?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 4:49 PM

Peace!          *smile*                       I have this in Logos, thank you!

However, I was thinking ....     my daughter gave me an iPad2 64G on which I use Logos' 4 apps daily ....

I'm told there is a free Kindle app for the iPad2 also?      Just wondering now about other free material on Kindle that perhaps I might enjoy having....

Is there a moral issue in my accepting their free books without buying anything since my major library is with Logos???     eh???

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:07 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
Is there a moral issue in my accepting their free books without buying anything since my major library is with Logos??? 

Nope. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:13 PM

alabama24:

Milford Charles Murray:
Is there a moral issue in my accepting their free books without buying anything since my major library is with Logos??? 

Nope. Smile

Seconded. If they were concerned that people might take the free gift and not buy anything else, they wouldn't offer it. Only a certain percentage of people  who take the free gift will go on to buy something else, and that's calculated into their cost of the marketing gimmick. Don't feel any compunction about it at all. You're just a statistic. Smile

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 3:50 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
Is there a moral issue in my accepting their free books without buying anything

Giving away free copies is intended to get the book a) a better ranking, and b) some 4-5 star reviews, both of which will make it sell better in the future. It's also intended to c) make you want to buy more books by the same author, and d) tempt you to buy normally priced books while you're there. By taking the book you have already helped them with a), so you have payed, just not in money. And if you like the author and buy more by him due to having read the free book, you also help with c) -- perhaps not Amazon, if you buy in Logos, but to the publisher and the author (if he's alive) it doesn't matter if you buy those extra titles in Logos or on Amazon, as long as you buy them. (In fact, they probably get better payed by Logos.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 6:23 AM

fgh:

Milford Charles Murray:
Is there a moral issue in my accepting their free books without buying anything

Giving away free copies is intended to get the book a) a better ranking, and b) some 4-5 star reviews, both of which will make it sell better in the future. It's also intended to c) make you want to buy more books by the same author, and d) tempt you to buy normally priced books while you're there. By taking the book you have already helped them with a), so you have payed, just not in money. And if you like the author and buy more by him due to having read the free book, you also help with c) -- perhaps not Amazon, if you buy in Logos, but to the publisher and the author (if he's alive) it doesn't matter if you buy those extra titles in Logos or on Amazon, as long as you buy them. (In fact, they probably get better payed by Logos.)

Thank you, fgh!            *smile*                         AND Rosie!               and Justin!                 I am truly grateful for your "actually"(!) brilliant answers.  I must confess that I really didn't think it through.  Yes, Rosie, I am indeed "just a statistic"!      *smile*            

What this means for me is that I will graciously -- without compunction -- joyfully! -- download and read!

It's great to be a statistic -- loved by Jesus!                        Peace!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS