5.1 Release Candidate 2 (5.1.0.0938) is available

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8838
LogosEmployee

Graham Criddle:

Jerry Bush:

This is working correctly, with the exception of my preferred Bible; it is not appearing.

I am just getting two large panels - one on the left with the Topic Guide and Sermon Starter, and one on the right with 5 Dictionaries.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I am getting the same thing - no preferred Bible (no Bible at all)

IIRC, your preferred Bible is opened only if the chosen topic has a Key Verse. Try running a Topic Study on "Baptism" from the Home Page; it should open a Bible for that topic.

Posts 8838
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:

Jerry Bush:
Running ‘Go’ on a topic from the Home Page will now open a pre-made layout.

This is where Logos make a blanket statement rather than a conditional one. If you startup Logos to a layout (not Home Page) you first need to Close All panels, then you will get the pre-made layout with your preferred bible.

Either I don't understand this statement, or I'm not able to reproduce it. I did the following:

1. Created a named layout.
  2. Set the program to open to that layout in Program Settings.
  3. Restarted the app.
  4. Clicked the Home Page button in the top left.
  5. Entered a topic ("baptism"), clicked Go.
  6. My previous layout was replaced with the topic study layout launched by the home page.

Are you seeing a different behaviour in step 6?

Posts 23569
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 12:20 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
IIRC, your preferred Bible is opened only if the chosen topic has a Key Verse. Try running a Topic Study on "Baptism" from the Home Page; it should open a Bible for that topic.

Thanks Bradley - that works

Is it possible to get the Release Notes updated to reflect the various conditions to avoid further confusion?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 3110
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 2:13 AM

Thank you Logos it works fine.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 25992
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 3:57 AM

Jerry Bush:
Running ‘Go’ on a topic from the Home Page will now open a pre-made layout.

Dave Hooton:
This is where Logos make a blanket statement rather than a conditional one. If you startup Logos to a layout (not Home Page) you first need to Close All panels, then you will get the pre-made layout with your preferred bible.

Either I don't understand this statement, or I'm not able to reproduce it.

Sorry!  I should have read it more closely. My statement applies to "Clicking on the Lectionary widget in the Home Page ribbon launches a pre-made ‘Lectionary Layout’." which was discussed elsewhere.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 6:29 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
I have not downloaded the betas or RCs since the Logos 4 Mac Beta days. The reason for this is that I found the full release L4 Mac software was buggy enough

I downloaded this RC to get the privilege of posting in the beta forum, where bugs are generally acknowledged within a couple of days, and at least sometimes fixed pretty fast. If I hadn't, the vast majority of those bugs -- and I've probably reported three dozen or so in the last week (with more coming) -- would still be there in 'stable', and I would have had to report them here in the L5 forum, where it takes me about a month on average to get them recognized, and about a year on average to get them fixed. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 242
Kelly Flones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:04 AM

Jerry Bush:

This is working correctly, with the exception of my preferred Bible; it is not appearing.

I am just getting two large panels - one on the left with the Topic Guide and Sermon Starter, and one on the right with 5 Dictionaries.

I have created a case for Development regarding this issue. Thank you.

Posts 8838
LogosEmployee

IIRC, your preferred Bible is opened only if the chosen topic has a Key Verse.

But it should also be opening if there are related verses; Kelly has created a case for this bug.

Posts 9395
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:24 AM

But it should also be opening if there are related verses; Kelly has created a case for this bug.

It should open by default. Probably will use it in the course of the study so even if you open it to Genesis 1:1 at least the layout doesn't have to be fiddled with to add a Bible.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:38 AM

Mark Smith:
It should open by default. Probably will use it in the course of the study

That sounds like a reasonable assumption in a Bible study program.Big Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 23569
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:47 AM

IIRC, your preferred Bible is opened only if the chosen topic has a Key Verse.

ExcellentYes

Posts 23569
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:48 AM

Mark Smith:

It should open by default. Probably will use it in the course of the study so even if you open it to Genesis 1:1 at least the layout doesn't have to be fiddled with to add a Bible.

Difficult to argue with this!

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 10:17 AM

Graham Criddle:

Mark Smith:

Difficult to argue with this!

I would suggest not to open it to Genesis 1:1 in the case Mark suggests, open it to the last open place when that Bible was used. That's the way everything else works in Logos.

Posts 731
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 10:36 AM

Graham Criddle:

Jerry Bush:

I am getting the same thing - no preferred Bible (no Bible at all)

Bradley - thank you. Yes, using "baptism" worked. "Marriage" did not.

I would like the layout to open to my preferred Bible, even if there is not a key verse. Perhaps it could open to the "See Also" section to the first verse listed there. For "marriage" that would be Genesis 1.28. At least it would start somewhere that makes sense that way.

If there is not a key verse, the way it is now is not very helpful (or at least as not as helpful as it could be). If I click on a Bible reference, it just opens another tab in the right panel, and then I can no longer see my dictionaries at the same time.

I otherwise like this feature! Perhaps a small tweak would help?

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 9395
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 11:44 AM

Don Awalt:
open it to the last open place when that Bible was used. That's the way everything else works in Logos.

I thought of that, too, except that when folks operate from the Home Page they may not be used to that practice. One is as good as the other.

Off the topic but related, why can't we get to the Go setups from the Layout page rather than having to go Home? Couldn't there be a command we could use in the Command Box to invoke them?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 25992
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 4:59 PM

Dave Hooton:
Sorry!  I should have read it more closely. My statement applies to "Clicking on the Lectionary widget in the Home Page ribbon launches a pre-made ‘Lectionary Layout’." which was discussed elsewhere.

See http://community.logos.com/forums/p/71474/498737.aspx.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 242
Kelly Flones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2013 3:14 PM

Jerry Bush:

This will be fixed in 5.1 RC-3 for beta testers and in general, when 5.1 ships to stable.

Posts 731
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 8:51 AM

Thank you, Kelly! That is great news.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS