Cannot find the "Passage Analysis" Option Under the "Tools" Bar for Logos version 4.0

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Henk Roelant | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 23 2013 2:55 PM

Greetings,

I have the Logos Bible Software Training Manual for Logos 4 MAC Volume 1 which states that there is a Passage Analysis Option under the Tools Menu.  I don't have that in my version 4 copy.  Please assist here.

Thank you,

Henk Roelant

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 23 2013 3:07 PM

Henk Roelant:

Greetings,

I have the Logos Bible Software Training Manual for Logos 4 MAC Volume 1 which states that there is a Passage Analysis Option under the Tools Menu.  I don't have that in my version 4 copy.  Please assist here.

Thank you,

Henk Roelant

in the command bar type 'passage analysis' it should respond with a list and then click the ""show Passage analysis"" - it is a separate window that will appear..........

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 24770
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 23 2013 3:23 PM

Hi Henk - and welcome to the forums.

What L4 base package (if any) do you have?

Passage Analysis capability requires Original Languages or higher.

Graham

Posts 5
Henk Roelant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 23 2013 3:36 PM

HI Room4more,

I tried that and "show Passage analysis" did not come up.  I don't have the original language option in my package.  That may be the problem according another reply.

Thank you,

Henk

Posts 5
Henk Roelant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 23 2013 3:37 PM

HI Graham,

The training book does not state that I have to have the Original Languages or higher.  I don't think I have them, since I can't find them.

Thanks,

Henk

Posts 24770
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 23 2013 3:43 PM

Henk Roelant:

HI Graham,

The training book does not state that I have to have the Original Languages or higher.  I don't think I have them, since I can't find them.

Thanks,

Henk

Hi,Henk

how did you acquire Logos?

Did you download the free engine, or did you purchase some sort of bundle?

Graham

Posts 1886
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 23 2013 4:20 PM

Henk Roelant:
The training book does not state that I have to have the Original Languages or higher.

Henk:

This has been an issue in the past with Logos' training videos and advertising, namely:  referencing features in a matter-of-fact manner, as if it's a forgone conclusion that everyone has access to that feature. To be fair, a great many of Logos' customers are pastors and seminary students who do have the higher packages, and I recall reading here about some effort on Logos' part to address these claims with qualifiers. Maybe the materials you have are from before that issue had been addressed. 

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 23 2013 5:00 PM

Henk Roelant:
I have the Logos Bible Software Training Manual for Logos 4 MAC Volume 1 which states that there is a Passage Analysis Option under the Tools Menu. I don't have that in my version 4 copy.

Welcome Big Smile

Curious about Logos 4 version ? Please click Logos Bible Software 4 => About Logos Bible Software 4

Wiki => http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Release_Notes_and_History shows 4.0 "Gold" was released on 17 Sep 2010.

If have pericope set resources in Logos library, then Logos 4 Mac Tools menu includes Passage Analysis:

Wiki => http://wiki.logos.com/Upgrade_or_Crossgrade shows Pericope Sets is included in Logos 5 Bronze (or Higher), Verbum Foundations (or Higher), and Logos 4 Minimal Crossgrade.

Free software option is Logos 5 => http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/install

If have pericope set resources in Logos library, then Logos 5 Tools has Passage Analysis:

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS