Logos Customer Service (specifically Dave Kaplan)

Page 1 of 4 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 62 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:22 AM

I couldn't help but to post this.  I hope it is ok.

I sent Dave Kaplan an email at 3:32 pm on Tuesday asking for prices on some resources, and he responded at 3:41 with some questions, and we emailed back and forth for a while.  After some time, we were having some issues with a product because dynamic pricing was not calculating my discount.  Dave mentioned in passing that it was taking him longer than usual to research the issue because IT IS HIS DAY OFF. 

My response:  "Oh my goodness.  You don’t have to do this today.  Just wait until you get back to work.  I am not in a hurry."

Dave's response:  "Too late, I love my job and my awesome customers. This is my only ministry and I take it very seriously. ;-)"

Dave spent 1 hour and 20 minutes helping me on his day off.  No one in their right mind would expect this from him.  I appreciate it, and Logos is lucky to have someone so dedicated to the company and its customers.

P.S.  He gave me a discount on the things I needed (which isn't always the case, as some things can't be discounted [Zondervan!!]), and I made the purchase!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:25 AM

That's we us customers also love Logos!

Great staff that are passionate rub of on the customers

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:42 AM

And let me be clear, I have never had a bad experience;  all reps have been great, but this experience stood out as exceptional.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:42 AM

Yes, Dave is really good, for example he is good at reading emails, not to mention other things. Luckily he was the first rep I got in touch with!

I've had only one bad rep, so I changed. That was sometime in the winter 2013. It was none of the ones through whom I've made purchases.

From the latest ones, the one I used in the end of May 2013 was really good, he cut me a phone deal on the LSJ since he saw that (I had been buying a lot) or had been a customer for quite a while <-- what he said was the reason:

Joseph Turner:
all reps have been great,

I think it has been exiting to call customer service! Right now it's not cheap for me to call, but it usually is.

Nowadays I'm not buying at the same pace anymore, however. Creating a budget and cancelling orders

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:09 AM

I've been a lifetime (well, as long as I've been a Logos user) Dave Kaplan customer (who guided my decision for my first purchase), and agree with everything said here.

On the couple occasions I dealt with other salespersons because Dave was not working that day or was on vacation, I got excellent service as well.

I only wish Bellingham were closer to Des Moines/Seattle, WA (where I travel to a couple times a year), so I could meet the Logos folks and take Dave out for lunch or dinner, but I never have time for a 2-hour side trip.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:12 AM

Eric Weiss:
I only wish Bellingham were closer to Des Moines/Seattle, WA (where I travel to a couple times a year), so I could meet the Logos folks and take Dave out for lunch or dinner, but I never have time for a 2-hour side trip.

Dave is a great guy. One day I will charter a Cruise ship or plane and bring the entire Logos staff to the Bahamas. I asked Bob P., but he is taking too long. Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:20 AM

Dave Kaplan has been my outstanding rep as well!

For those who haven't had the pleasure of working with Dave:

http://blog.logos.com/archives/2007/12/meet_dave_kaplan.html

Posts 300
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:02 AM

Dave's the best Yes

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:14 AM

Dave is the man. Thanks for all you do. Yes

Posts 8979
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:22 AM

I don't know Dave but this is a great story of the kind of people that work at Logos.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4
Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 8:05 AM

Dave Kaplan is a favorite of many Logos customers - and for good reason. Before I started working for the company, Dave had been a great help to me squeezing books into my pastoral expense budget. And now that I work for Logos, and have met him, I can verify that he really is a great guy who cares about his customers. I've sat in his office and listened to him talk with some of his many "repeat customers." Pure gold!

Dave Kaplan, I salute you!

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 8:34 AM

We really should be keeping this quiet. Now everyone will want Dave to be their rep. He won't get any rest and will be hard to reach. Smile

Posts 2827
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:12 AM

I, too, have been very impressed with Logos' great personal service - from the President of the Company right down to the great sales reps.  I think that Bob and the company leadership have created a customer oriented company atmosphere that emphasizes great customer service.  It seems to be the norm at Logos.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:31 AM

Dave is the only rep I go through...he has been a blessing to so many folks, and is a joy to talk to on the phone...he never rushes you, and sets the highest bar for customer service.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:43 AM

It sure is! They treat well both returning customers (perhaps new customers too?) and those who have bought a lot!:

Michael Childs:
It seems to be the norm at Logos.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:23 AM

Dave has always been a great help. I have been with Logos since 1.6 days, when it was on floppies, and the few times I have had to call Logos I try to get Dave. Not only is he helpful, he's a funny guy.

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 7:47 AM

dcleghorn:
Dave has always been a great help

Smile

Regards, SteveF

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 4:40 PM

Too bad corporate didn't take these words to heart.

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 6:14 PM

A lot of us miss Dave Kaplan

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 6:34 PM

I sure miss Dave as well.

Page 1 of 4 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS