Logos Customer Service (specifically Dave Kaplan)

Page 3 of 4 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 62 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 4426
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 5:28 PM

My eyes are getting damp just thinking about Dave. I don't think I've ever missed anyone I've never met as much as him. He was a joy. I've talked to 2-3 reps since, and none of them have impressed me. I haven't spent much $ at all since he left...first time since L2 that I haven't upgraded. The thrill is gone...

Posts 760
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 5:30 PM

Don Randolph:

BTW: I don't think Dan really wants to answer your first question about why Dave left.

Of course, Don.  Thanks.  That is the whole point.

Dan?

Posts 953
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 5:32 PM

Steve:

Nice update .... but ... why was it Dave left?  I mean, if his career is taking off it seems very confusing that he is not helping out any more.

???

I'm confused by both of your questions. I would think the reason for Dave's leaving would be confidential, unless he chose to visit the forums and share it himself. Also, what do you mean by 'not helping out any more'? If he's no longer working with Faithlife, why should he be expected to 'help out'?

Posts 35
LogosEmployee
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 5:35 PM

Cynthia, 

I am very sorry you did not get a reply to your email. I am currently investigating this with our team. I sent you an email asking for additional information. 

If anyone else has missed a reply from us free to contact me directly at deverett@faithlife.com 

Posts 5072
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 5:49 PM

Going by what many are saying, it seems like Dave Kaplan just treated  you guys as customers to make a living, but didn't really have in mind to have an intimate, close, personal, BFF, buddy relationship with none of you guys.  How many of you guys are "still waiting to hear from him." Face it, wish him well, but it's time to move on.

Personally, he was only good once, the other 2 times he was probably grouchy and in a bad mood (lit. cut me off once), so I tried to avoid him as much as I could.  The real nice rep that I used to do business with all the time was Jim-Ray H. Now he was always nice, even if his day wasn't going well.  Besides, he was always natural, he never sounded "robotic" like the new sales reps Logos has now.  It seems they're always following a script of some sort.  Anyway, great guy (Jim-Ray), but hey, like I said, life goes on.  Now for upgrades and sale items I just shop directly online.  Unless I try to see if something can be cheaper by calling a sales rep, I really don't call anymore.  My usual sales rep is Maggie Segar, but don't call her as often anymore, since, like I said, I just buy directly from the website.

So, what new career is this, that is so top secrete? And those who are still waiting to "hear from Dave" word of advice --- don't hold your breath! ;-) Unless you were/are a real close friend or a relative, the chances of you "chit chatting" with him again, are very slim.  I wish him well, though, and not only wish him well, but I wish well to the others that got laid off too.

DAL

Posts 5072
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 5:52 PM

Yasmin Stephen:

Steve:

Nice update .... but ... why was it Dave left?  I mean, if his career is taking off it seems very confusing that he is not helping out any more.

???

I'm confused by both of your questions. I would think the reason for Dave's leaving would be confidential, unless he chose to visit the forums and share it himself. Also, what do you mean by 'not helping out any more'? If he's no longer working with Faithlife, why should he be expected to 'help out'?

Don't worry Yasmin, he's just confused...LOL...and confused you in the process.  I read the questions and I was like..."say whaaaat?" LOL

Posts 5072
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 5:54 PM

David Paul:

My eyes are getting damp just thinking about Dave. I don't think I've ever missed anyone I've never met as much as him. He was a joy. I've talked to 2-3 reps since, and none of them have impressed me. I haven't spent much $ at all since he left...first time since L2 that I haven't upgraded. The thrill is gone...

Oh stop it! Crying LOL I guess he hasn't kept in touch with you either.  So he's not worth your tears...LOL...look at it from the bright side: You ARE saving money now...LOL

DAL

Posts 45
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 6:03 PM

+Steve  Obviously you didn't get mine.  I don't think Dan wishes to answer that question as I am sure he has taken a fair amount of grief over it already.  He may have been involved, but is hardly the reason Dave left in its entirety. Therefore, he may not want to answer in a public forum and we owe him that with all the rest of the comments being made.  No one likes the course Logos Faithlife is taking, but Dan is but one cog in the machine.

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 573
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 6:30 PM

Don:

Cynthia, 

I am very sorry you did not get a reply to your email. I am currently investigating this with our team. I sent you an email asking for additional information. 

If anyone else has missed a reply from us free to contact me directly at deverett@faithlife.com 

Wow!  Thanks.  I'm doing a little research for you and will email you directly. (My problem lies with your first question...I have five email addresses! LOL )

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 6:57 PM

Steve:

Of course, Don.  Thanks.  That is the whole point.

Dan?

Steve,

While we are unable to discuss confidential employment data in a public forum, I did call Dave just now and asked him what he would like to share with all of you.

Here's what he asked me to share.

First off, Dave is a real estate agent now, and he made sure I'd tell everyone that he wants you to come to Whatcom County and buy or list a house with him. (I went to his first ever open house, and was impressed to learn he sold his first listing in less than 36 hours from putting it up!)

Moving to a new career comes with a lot of emotions, and Dave has been grateful for the prayers and encouragement from so many of the friends he made while he was here. Right now, while he is learning and adjusting to an entirely new way of life, he would appreciate a break from being contacted regarding Logos issues.

Perhaps as a testament to his passionate fan base, believe it or not, he still has former customers calling his cell phone at all hours, asking him for advice on building their libraries, or how to pick his replacement. While it is flattering, you can imagine the distraction, demand on his personal time, and mixed emotions this could involve.

So here's the part I am throwing in that Dave doesn't know about...

Dave is working around the clock to get his real estate career off the ground, and that means a ton of gas, and a lot of fast food.

If you are led to bless Dave with a small gesture of appreciation, for him just being good ole' Dave, please consider sending a gift card to his new office:

David Kaplan
Weichert Realtors
2900 Meridian St
Bellingham, WA 98225

Here are some of his favorites locally.

Jack in the Box

Taco Bell

Burger King

Safeway Gas Station

Posts 573
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 7:43 PM

Dan:  I didn't know the guy, but it sounds as if he will likewise do well in Real Estate, especially if he has such a dynamic personality.

I LOVE your gift card idea!

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Posts 84
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2016 7:21 PM

+Don I respect your opinion re: Faithlife (Logos dig duly noted) but take care regarding general statements such as "no one likes the course Faithlife is taking..." in your negative assertions re: Faithlife or assumptions as to who shares your opinion, whether in FL's handling of personnel decisions or overall corporate direction. 

+Dan  Thank you for the update. Great to hear Dave is on the way to transitioning well. One would hope former customers would know better than to continue calling him for Logos purchasing info or other issues. I'm confident Dave will grow in his ability to tell them "thanks" but to stop in his own gracious, unique way in the time to come.  As one who purchased several thousands of dollars worth of Logos resources over several years with Dave's help, I was saddened by the news he'd left but not surprised, let alone angered. 

Great to see how the Lord continues working out win-win situations for his people and kingdom.

Posts 5072
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 4:37 AM

Former "fans/customers" calling for advice on how to build their library? Unbelievable! What a bunch of inconsiderate stalkers! Who does that, really?! I hope he asks them to stop calling or changes his cellphone number. That has got to be annoying like taking a girlfriend that doesn't speak English to the movies and she's constantly asking: "what did he say? Why are they laughing? What does (blank) mean? etc." Get a life people and leave the man alone. He's trying to make a living in a highly competitive market. Wow unreal!

DAL

Posts 4960
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 8:47 AM

DAL:
Former "fans/customers" calling for advice on how to build their library? Unbelievable!

Oh I agree, I really had no contact with the man, heard nothing but good about him via his customer service. Unfortunately he is no longer at Faithlife, I heard things but will not repeat them because they did not come directly from FL or DK so I cannot know how truthful they are. Needless to say it is sad he is gone but happy to know he has landed on his feet as a real estate agent. Well wishes seem like a good idea... Calling for advice seems less than fair to him. Also one should keep in mind he having been gone doesn't know all the new changed things at FL. That said sometimes I wonder about the current staff, I did call to ask for advice and was basically told the only solution would be to purchase the collectors edition. Which he was push hard to me. I did discover on my own with a suggestion by MJ that my goals might be achieved by a smaller collection which they were.

-dan

Posts 587
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 7:14 AM

Dan Pritchett:

We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, and rapid response times. 

Here is my timeline:

Sept 14: inquiry about upgrades 

Sept 15: answer from FL

Sept 15: follow-up question about upgrade paths

Sept 21: reminder about my question

Sept 23: Note from FL that they need more time

Sept 29: reminder about my question

Sept 30: Answer from FL that they cannot determine what the most cost-effective upgrade path is for me

Oct 1: follow-up question about upgrade paths

Oct 4: further question

Until today, Oct. 5, i.e., 3 weeks after my first inquiry, I don't have an answer. My question is about some bigger upgrades but I just cannot get any assistance. It is frustrating.

Posts 5072
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 8:05 AM

Armin:

Dan Pritchett:

We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, and rapid response times. 

Here is my timeline:

Sept 14: inquiry about upgrades 

Sept 15: answer from FL

Sept 15: follow-up question about upgrade paths

Sept 21: reminder about my question

Sept 23: Note from FL that they need more time

Sept 29: reminder about my question

Sept 30: Answer from FL that they cannot determine what the most cost-effective upgrade path is for me

Oct 1: follow-up question about upgrade paths

Oct 4: further question

Until today, Oct. 5, i.e., 3 weeks after my first inquiry, I don't have an answer. My question is about some bigger upgrades but I just cannot get any assistance. It is frustrating.

Hey the best cost effective upgrade path is what YOU choose, what YOU want from the options available. If you want to combine upgrades then just call so a sales rep can sort out the dynamic pricing. Better yet, tell them you NEED THEM to call you. I think you're complicating things too much. I asked them through email to call me and they did and explained what I wanted them to clarify for me. So simple if you make it simple. If you're looking for someone to choose a base package for you  because you cannot decide for yourself let me know,  I'll choose one for you and put it in your cart and I'll have you click the "Place Order" button, unless you need help with that too 😁😜😐

Today is 10/05/2016 😉

DAL

Posts 587
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 8:14 AM

Hi Dal,

It is not quite as simple. I live in the developing world at the other end of the world and phoning is not an option. In addition, I told FL what packages I am interested in and asked in which order I should buy them to get the cheapest upgrade path. So far, I have been told it is too complex for them to determine the best sequence of ordering, or I got no answer.

Armin

Posts 5072
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 8:25 AM

Armin:

Hi Dal,

It is not quite as simple. I live in the developing world at the other end of the world and phoning is not an option. In addition, I told FL what packages I am interested in and asked in which order I should buy them to get the cheapest upgrade path. So far, I have been told it is too complex or I got no answer.

Armin

Then I think or I KNOW someone (whoever) at Faithlife is just being plain Lazy!  If you have already provided the information they need to sort it out, then they should be able to figure it out. That's so easy to do! I'm sorry Faithlife, but this is unacceptable! 

Anyway, yep, they have really not done their job...nothing to be proud of.

DAL

Posts 587
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 8:47 AM

DAL:

Then I think or I KNOW someone (whoever) at Faithlife is just being plain Lazy!  

I wouldn't go quite as far. But referring back to the original topic of customer service quality and Dave Kaplan: To provide excellent customer service, FL needs to have enough people and needs competent people. It looks to me that Logos might have cut too many people in the customer service department and, with Dave, lost highly competent people. What was meant as a means to cut expenses, results in reduced income as I haven't bought any of the big packages I am interested in. And a delayed sale might never materialize.

Posts 5072
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 9:10 AM

Armin:

DAL:

Then I think or I KNOW someone (whoever) at Faithlife is just being plain Lazy!  

I wouldn't go quite as far. But referring back to the original topic of customer service quality and Dave Kaplan: To provide excellent customer service, FL needs to have enough people and needs competent people. It looks to me that Logos might have cut too many people in the customer service department and, with Dave, lost highly competent people. What was meant as a means to cut expenses, results in reduced income as I haven't bought any of the big packages I am interested in. And a delayed sale might never materialize.

Well they have done it for others why can't they do it for you?

Page 3 of 4 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS