Adding Information from a non-Logos Source

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19
Houston B Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:30 PM

I'm new to trying to use notes and clippings.  Can I insert an article I've scanned or a link to a website using clippings.  For example, if I am planning a sermon series and find a good article on the subject in a newspaper or magazine, can i include in a clippings folder with that sermon title?  Thanks in advance for your help.  Just not sure yet where to go for answers.

Greg

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:42 PM

GregoryBSmith:

I'm new to trying to use notes and clippings.  Can I insert an article I've scanned or a link to a website using clippings.  For example, if I am planning a sermon series and find a good article on the subject in a newspaper or magazine, can i include in a clippings folder with that sermon title?  Thanks in advance for your help.  Just not sure yet where to go for answers.

Greg

I've not tried using clippings that much, but what you describe doesn't sound possible to me, given what I know about clippings. Clippings do work for collecting information from stuff we read in Logos4. But I don't think you can add a clipping and insert your own material. And so far, at least, clippings doesn't support images, not even from within Logos4 (if I'm wrong, somebody straighten me out - but I couldn't get it to work).

You can put text into notes, which can be helpful, but notes are somewhat limited too.

What I do is create a study document in my word processor and put as much as I can there. Others use MS OneNote, or something similar.

I'm sure others will chime in with their preferences, and how they work with 3rd party material.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9406
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:50 PM

I use OneNote and MS Word to gather info outside of Logos. The clippings files are useful to gather info within Logos 4 but right now cannot accept information from the Windows clip board or via external link. I don't think Logos intends to build a OneNote type file within Logos 4 so you'll probably need something external for the other data you gather.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
MorrisProctorEmployee
Morris Proctor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:45 PM

Hey Guys,

Another thought is to create a Favorites folder (Tools | Favorites) for your sermon, lesson, topic, etc. You can then drag links to PDF’s, PPt, Word, websites etc. from Windows Explorer right into the Favorites folder. Once in the folder you can rename the link so you don’t have the long description of the location.

You can also drag these links straight to the Shortcuts bar.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:32 AM

MP,

you're so right. I have a folder of my vaulable docs called "Logos Documents" and I have a link to them on my short cut bar...it's VERY convienent.

I ALSO collect info from web articles DIRECTLY pasted into notes...so they are searchable....it works great...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 19
Houston B Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 5:32 AM

MP,

Thanks.  That sounds like a solution that will work for me.  I'll give it a try.  I will attend one of your seminars is 2010 to learn the "ins and outs."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS