Automating PBB Creation - Script provided

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Brother Odin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 30 2013 7:20 PM

I am placing this here in case it helps someone. I was compiling a few PBBs tonight and it was getting a little tedious to keep doing each one by hand. You will need Excel and the AutoHotKey key utility to make it go.

The script will automatically fill in all the appropriate fields and start off the creation of the book. It will perform this for as many books as you have defined in the script.

Step 1

Make sure you have all the appropriate programs

Step 2

Download the zip with the helper files

0880.PBB Automation.zip

PBB-Automation.xlsx - Will provide the book information for each PBB

AutoHotkey.ahk - Script to automate the process

Step 3

Start logos and open the "Personal Books" in its own floating window

Step 4

Edit PBB-Automation with your information. The file has a few examples from my earlier efforts.

Step 5

Edit AutoHotKey.ahk to suit your needs (Numbers of times to run). Place file in your "Documents" folder. Select the option on the AutoHotKey tray task to "Reload this script" after every change to this file.

Step 6

Window Key+Z to kick off the process.

I suggest you start small with 2 or 3 books before kicking off a large batch. The scripts will be using the clipboard and switching windows, so I suggest you leave it alone once it starts.

Works On My Machine Disclaimer: It is a little late and the script could use some refinement. This is released with zero warranty. Feel free to use it as a base for your own work and perhaps with some collaboration we can tidy it up over time. 

Happy PBB creation!

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 30 2013 9:57 PM

Thank you, Brother Odin!

Posts 2940
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 6:10 PM

I wish I could make it ,if I could understand it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 6:31 PM

that's very nice, thanks.

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 12:02 PM

nice thanks for posting

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 1:39 PM

Hi Brother Odin,

Thanks for the post of Automated PBB creation but I have just one question.  After getting the WinZip program, do I create an AutoHotKey and if so could you be so kinds as to instruct me.  Tried Win+z and nothing happens.

Thanks,

Claybon

Posts 22
Brother Odin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 1:56 PM

The zip file includes the AutoHotKey.ahk with the required script. This file must be placed in your Documents folder. You must have the utility autoHoKey (do a google search to find it) installed on your machine. When this utility runs it looks in the Document folder for this specially named file. 

Open the AutoHotKey.ahk in notepad and there will be some comments there that might help.

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 6:21 PM

Thanks for your help.

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 7:04 PM

Tes:

I wish I could make it ,if I could understand it.

Same here, I wish someone would create a tutorial video. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 2940
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 9 2013 5:09 AM

[quote user="Brother Odin"]

I am placing this here in case it helps someone. I was compiling a few PBBs tonight and it was getting a little tedious to keep doing each one by hand. You will need Excel and the AutoHotKey key utility to make it go.

The script will automatically fill in all the appropriate fields and start off the creation of the book. It will perform this for as many books as you have defined in the script.

Step 1

Make sure you have all the appropriate programs

Step 2

Download the zip with the helper files

0880.PBB Automation.zip

PBB-Automation.xlsx - Will provide the book information for each PBB

AutoHotkey.ahk - Script to automate the process

Step 3

Start logos and open the "Personal Books" in its own floating window

Step 4

Edit PBB-Automation with your information. The file has a few examples from my earlier efforts.

Step 5

Edit AutoHotKey.ahk to suit your needs (Numbers of times to run). Place file in your "Documents" folder. Select the option on the AutoHotKey tray task to "Reload this script" after every change to this file.

Step 6

Window Key+Z to kick off the process.

I suggest you start small with 2 or 3 books before kicking off a large batch. The scripts will be using the clipboard and switching windows, so I suggest you leave it alone once it starts.

Works On My Machine Disclaimer: It is a little late and the script could use some refinement. This is released with zero warranty. Feel free to use it as a base for your own work and perhaps with some collaboration we can tidy it up over time. 

Happy PBB creation!

[/quote]

Hi Brother Odin, could you please prepare it in a kind of tutorial like videos , so that I may take part of this wonderful privilege ?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 22
Brother Odin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 10 2013 4:32 PM

I will see what I can do in the upcoming week. Stay tuned.

-- Odin

Posts 2940
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 10 2013 6:36 PM

Brother Odin:

I will see what I can do in the upcoming week. Stay tuned.

-- Odin

Thank you brother Odin,

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 22
Brother Odin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 15 2013 9:29 PM

I was going to make the recording tonight but ran into some issues with the original script. The PBB now automatically opens after building and it was causing havoc with the script. I have a new script but have run out of time to make the recording tonight. 

God willing, I will record it tomorrow afternoon.

Almost there!

-- Odin

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2013 12:59 AM

Is this a Windows only thing, or will the script work on Macs too?

Posts 2940
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2013 4:49 AM

[quote user="Brother Odin"]

I was going to make the recording tonight but ran into some issues with the original script. The PBB now automatically opens after building and it was causing havoc with the script. I have a new script but have run out of time to make the recording tonight. 

God willing, I will record it tomorrow afternoon.

Almost there!

-- Odin

[/quote]

Thank you brother Odin, may God help you.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 22
Brother Odin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2013 2:54 PM

Ok, the new script is available below. I ran into some difficulties having it work consistently on my machine. I will need to spend some time trying to get to the bottom of the problem, but it will have to be until some time next week.

In the meantime, feel free to adjust it or try it on your own machines. I have also added a tutorial video to go along with it which shows all the steps necessary to get things working.

Cheers!

-- Odin

5633.PBB Automation.zip

Link to video: https://db.tt/QPjQSNlP

Posts 2940
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2013 8:23 PM

Brother Odin thank you have done it very well,yet still it is not easy for me to understand  the technical process I have to look for someone to help me understand it.Again I want to say thank you for taking time to help us.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS