Logos 5.1 Read Aloud Improvement

Page 3 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 83 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 5:49 AM

Thank you Bruce and Alabama. I have played on the LEB. It is very clear , but two things:. It was a bit faster. Even when I have changed the sound. I could see no alternative to making slower. 2. I could not rewind it , when I wanted to hear some of the texts again. I think it would be nice if there could be a possibility to run it automatically as longs as it is needed. Furthermore , it would like it , if there could be possibility to let it continue to read Aloud to next chapters instead of stopping after reading one page.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 9:31 AM

Hi Tes,

In the toolbar you should see options for changing the speed (1x) and for rewinding in small increments (serpent biting its tail icon). Marv Allen definitely sounds best at (1x) though; human voices don't sound good at other than normal speeds.

Note: there is an alternative interface without the text by simply opening "Lexham English Bible Audio" (AUDLEB). It includes a TOC and controls.

I don't believe either of the recordings should stop automatically. They should continue until you stop them. I have, however, noticed some flaky behavior sometimes when starting the audio for the first play. Subsequent plays work well.

Posts 58
Daniel Brueno | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 10:24 AM

I am updated, have flsb and leb  still bad robo voice of 1960

no good voice

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 10:26 AM

Daniel, type update now in the command box. This may trigger the software to download the new LEB with the new voice.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 58
Daniel Brueno | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 10:47 AM

yes i did that a couple of times, it says there are no updates.

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 10:51 AM

The other command to try is "update resources" This may take some time.

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 11:33 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Bruce Dunning:
Now we just need to see this applied to all our books. I wonder what kind of work is required to convert them.

Someone with a great voice, a microphone, and a lot of time. :-)

This is our first fully-synced audio book (/Bible); we'll be doing more in the future, but we're limited to what's available in audio format, rights issues, cost, etc. More will be coming, though.

-- Bob

Any chance Logos may just develop a generic Windows voice applicable to any text and give it away to customers? The built in ones are so awful, although there are 3rd party voices available for purchase at high prices. Sad If I understand correctly Mac already has decent voices built in.

Posts 29270
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 11:55 AM

Fr Devin Roza:
Any chance Logos may just develop a generic Windows voice applicable to any text and give it away to customers?

Zero. 

1. It isn't their expertise. 
  2. It would cost millions of dollars to do a good job.
  3. Not all resources are "read aloud" enabled due to publisher restrictions (look for Zondervan titles, for example).

Fr Devin Roza:
there are 3rd party voices available for purchase at high prices.

See #2

Fr Devin Roza:
If I understand correctly Mac already has decent voices built in.

Yes, the Mac has better ones built in... but they are still not perfect. 10.9 is supposed to expand this ability... looking forward to it! 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:07 PM

alabama24:

Robert C Cannata:

Did you ever get it to work. I am having the same issue?

If you have 5.1, and the appropriate license, you should be able to change the read aloud to "Marv Allen." Again, I think that the license was given to Faithlife users.

I'm having the same issue.  Not working for me.  I'm not seeing the option you have in the screen shot.  Here is the version info for my desktop:

Logos Bible Software 5.1 (5.1.0.0943).  Yes, I'm a Faithlife user.

?

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:13 PM

Fr Devin Roza:

although there are 3rd party voices available for purchase at high prices. Sad

Father Devin,

Have you looked at Natural Reader.  Seems to be reasonably priced.  A few of the seminary professors for the Archdiocese of San Antonio have mentioned using it for the Catechism and it seems to work well.  .Exports to .mp3 to play on your iPod, etc.

Steve

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:36 PM

I have the LEB and Faithlife Study Bible working currently on my Mac which is running version 5.1.0.0943.

I tried the following:

update now
update resources
hid LEB
reloaded LEB
update now
update resources
(note:  the log showed that AUDLEB needed to be updated, but it was never installed.)

Downloaded AUDLEB resource and did a scan on it.  It never installed.

I never get the new voices nor the choice to choose a narrater.

Posts 58
Daniel Brueno | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:42 PM

thanks i didn't know that one, it did one update (glossary of morpho-syntactic database terminology)  still  same problem

no option to change voice...

This is starting to bug me.......

Posts 1033
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:51 PM

I have just deleted the entire setup (including 23gb of resources) to see if a fresh install fixes things for me.

I will let you know if it is fixed, of course there will be a small delay in downloading and indexing everything.

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:59 PM

I am in the same boat on a Windows 7 (x64) machine. I have rebooted, repaired the installation, deleted and reinstalled LEB, renamed the DownloadManager and UpdateManager folders, downloaded and scanned audleb.logos4, and manually copied the file into the Resources folder. What I have found is that when I do Update Resources, it downloads audleb.logos4 into a Downloads folder, but it never installs it into the Resources folder. Manually copying the file into the Resources folder doesn't help. On the other hand, the new feature works fine on my iPhone!

If you figure out a solution, please post it. Thanks!

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:09 PM

It may help Logos determine the problem if you could please post your logs

http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/logging

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:13 PM

Darren Miner:

I am in the same boat on a Windows 7 (x64) machine. I have rebooted, repaired the installation, deleted and reinstalled LEB, renamed the DownloadManager and UpdateManager folders, downloaded and scanned audleb.logos4, and manually copied the file into the Resources folder. What I have found is that when I do Update Resources, it downloads audleb.logos4 into a Downloads folder, but it never installs it into the Resources folder. Manually copying the file into the Resources folder doesn't help. On the other hand, the new feature works fine on my iPhone!

If you figure out a solution, please post it. Thanks!

Ask Logos to scan the downloads folder. Do this from the command bar.

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:30 PM

I also see the same behavior with respect to audleb.logos4 getting put in the Downloads folder, but never being installed.

The feature works fine on my Android devices.  I am having this problem on both a Mac and a Windows machine, so I suspect there is something related to my account or Logos cloud configuration.

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:33 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, it didn't install the file.

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:43 PM

Same here.

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:49 PM

Lynden...I tried your method and hope it will work.

Too bad so many of us struggle to get a decent update....hopefully it will be worth the wait.

The robowoman is not very good.

Page 3 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS