Logos 5.1 Read Aloud Improvement

Page 4 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 83 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 3:34 PM

I still do not have this read aloud feature with the new narrator.

I have faithlife and have updated all my resources.

I guess I do not rate : )

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 3:39 PM

Better call Logos in the morning.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 4:10 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

It may help Logos determine the problem if you could please post your logs

http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/logging

Not seeing a "Send to Compressed (zipped) folder" in step 2.3.  Is there something else?

5023.Doc2.docx

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 4:31 PM

Steve:
Is there something else?

Did you right click?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 4:33 PM

Nevermind… I opened your .docx file. Try compressing and sending to email. You can email it to yourself and save the attachment.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 4:43 PM

alabama24:

Fr Devin Roza:
If I understand correctly Mac already has decent voices built in.

Yes, the Mac has better ones built in... but they are still not perfect. 10.9 is supposed to expand this ability... looking forward to it! 

OS X 10.8 System Preferences for Dictation & Speech have Customize... choice for System Voice so can freely add many high quality voices:

Steve:

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

It may help Logos determine the problem if you could please post your logs

http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/logging

Not seeing a "Send to Compressed (zipped) folder" in step 2.3.  Is there something else?

5023.Doc2.docx

Screen shot in docx file shows two similar items:

• Add to archive...
  • Add to "Logos Log Files.rar"

Note: *.rar is a compressed (zipped) format, which can be opened by 7-Zip => http://7-zip.org/

alabama24:
Nevermind… I opened your .docx file. Try compressing and sending to email.

Observation: docx is also a compressed format.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 5:03 PM

alabama24:

Try compressing and sending to email. You can email it to yourself and save the attachment.

Attached.  6747.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 7:35 PM

Steve:

alabama24:

Try compressing and sending to email. You can email it to yourself and save the attachment.

Attached.  6747.Logos Log Files.zip

LogosIndexer.log file has a message about Lexham English Bible Audio resource:

IndexerProgram Checking resource ID 'LLS:AUDLEB' for update 'Resource LLS:AUDLEB' to see if version '2013-06-04T17:32:21Z' is available.

Wonder about restarting computer ? (may reset background intelligent transfer service and network connection)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 7:58 PM

I get that in the logs as well. Rebooting hasn't helped me. The file downloads and then doesn't install. I have also tried Safe Mode with Networking in Windows 7. But then the file doesn't even download and the Indexer crashes. I hope Tech Support figures this out!

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 8:20 PM

It finally worked for me on my Mac.  I did a full reboot and then an "update resources".  When it completed it gave me the prompt asking for a restart due to new resources.  After the restart I was able to access the new audio features.

Posts 1033
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 12:28 AM

Mike Pettit:

I have just deleted the entire setup (including 23gb of resources) to see if a fresh install fixes things for me.

I will let you know if it is fixed, of course there will be a small delay in downloading and indexing everything.

It seems to be working now and it looks like the reading plan issue may actually be fixed as well, lucky I have a decent internet connection.

Posts 3294
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:48 AM

I don't seem to have the audio version either.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:21 AM

For those who have the LEB, and have not seen the new read aloud voice appear, I have responded here http://community.logos.com/forums/t/72216.aspx?PageIndex=2

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 12:49 PM

Tommy Ball:

For those who have the LEB, and have not seen the new read aloud voice appear, I have responded here http://community.logos.com/forums/t/72216.aspx?PageIndex=2

The solution provided by Bradley Granger on the link here worked for me.  I have the additional, non-system voice now.

Thanks!  Smile

Posts 58
Daniel Brueno | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 3:20 PM

well,well it just starting working today for me, sounds good!

Posts 902
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 5:31 PM

Bob Pritchett:

This is our first fully-synced audio book (/Bible); we'll be doing more in the future, but we're limited to what's available in audio format, rights issues, cost, etc. More will be coming, though.

-- Bob

Bob (& Logos crew),  Congratulations on a flawless implementation of a Read-Along-Audio-Bible!  It has been so desperately needed for so very long, and I am so completely grateful that I may have to order YACS (Yet Another Commentary Set) to express my appreciation!  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 6:34 PM

Yes

Brother Mark:

Bob Pritchett:

This is our first fully-synced audio book (/Bible); we'll be doing more in the future, but we're limited to what's available in audio format, rights issues, cost, etc. More will be coming, though.

-- Bob

Bob (& Logos crew),  Congratulations on a flawless implementation of a Read-Along-Audio-Bible!  It has been so desperately needed for so very long, and I am so completely grateful that I may have to order YACS (Yet Another Commentary Set) to express my appreciation!  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 11:51 PM

I have seen with the minimun I could make it  slow  is "1x".Is there a way which I can make it as slow as possible.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2013 8:08 AM

Bob Pritchett:
Someone with a great voice, a microphone, and a lot of time. :-)

Not sure if I have a "great voice",I am a tenor or great microphone. The first can be overcome with practice (speaking from the diaphragm) the second can be purchased. I will make the time. It will help me to read material that I would like to read. Start with a small book of 130 pages.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 9558
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2013 8:17 AM

Tes:

I have seen with the minimun I could make it  slow  is "1x".Is there a way which I can make it as slow as possible.

Tes, you can slow it down to as little as .75x. Just keep clicking on the number "1" and it will cycle through.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 4 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS