Crash 5.1 Mac Opening Bible Facts

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 6
Phil Sena | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 2 2013 6:40 PM

Logos 5.1 crashes whenever I attempt to open a Bible Facts window on Mountain Lion 10.8.4.

4382.LogosLogs.phil.20130702-202444.zip

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:46 PM

It is crashing when opening Obadiah.1 (Things). Try opening  Biblical Things from a Passage Guide; anything except Obadiah.1!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 100
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:58 PM

Ran through all your examples on Mac OS X 10.8.4 without any crashes. Could it be an indexing problem?

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:05 AM

SMack:
Could it be an indexing problem?

No!  Facts depend on 4 databases that were updated on 2 July according to my Home Page (Biblical People, Places, Things and Events).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 100
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:39 AM

Just wondering, does that preclude an prior existing indexing error?

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 3:39 AM

SMack:

Just wondering, does that preclude an prior existing indexing error?

A database does not require indexing. Crashes/errors when indexing your books are very different.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 6
Phil Sena | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 6:09 AM

Attempting to open any Bible Facts window (people, place, thing, event) through any means (including through the Passage Guide) results in a crash. It may be connected to the database updates from yesterday because I never had this problem before.

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:31 AM

Phil Sena:
Logos 5.1 crashes whenever I attempt to open a Bible Facts window on Mountain Lion 10.8.4.

I am not able to reproduce this issue, but I have passed your logs on to Development. 

Posts 6
Phil Sena | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 6:48 AM

Unfortunately, I'm still crashing when accessing Bible Facts through any means after the SR-1 release. Please help.

8836.LogosLogs.phil.20130711-083751.zip

3005.LogosLogs.phil.20130711-083551.zip

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2013 8:25 PM

Angela Murashov:
I am not able to reproduce this issue, but I have passed your logs on to Development. 

Also see crash at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/72700/506269.aspx

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 4:15 AM

Angela Murashov:

Phil Sena:

Crashes for me as well ML 10.8.3.

Open Bible Facts, press enter to search, beach ball, boom.

At least the crash is not a 'hard crash', meaning Logos crashes and the fact is recognised by the OS with option to report to Apple, instead of immediately dying.

If you want my log files also pls let me know. Didn't bother attaching them as it seems a recognised bug.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 294
Gustavo Bentos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 5:27 AM

I have the same problem. Crash every time when attempt to use Bible Facts in English or in Spanish

MAcbook Pro 7.1 8 GB Ram Mountain Lion 10.8.4 // Biblioteca Premium

1108.log.pdf

is anyone get a answer from Logos?

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 3:01 PM

Gustavo Bentos:

I have the same problem. Crash every time when attempt to use Bible Facts in English or in Spanish

MAcbook Pro 7.1 8 GB Ram Mountain Lion 10.8.4 // Biblioteca Premium

1108.log.pdf

is anyone get a answer from Logos?

There is still an open case for this

I'm going to email you about this, Gustavo

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 3:26 PM

Patrick S.:

Crashes for me as well ML 10.8.3.

Open Bible Facts, press enter to search, beach ball, boom.

At least the crash is not a 'hard crash', meaning Logos crashes and the fact is recognised by the OS with option to report to Apple, instead of immediately dying.

If you want my log files also pls let me know. Didn't bother attaching them as it seems a recognised bug.

Patrick,

Can you please attach your logs? This will allow us to verify that you are experiencing the same crash and not something different.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 294
Gustavo Bentos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:09 AM

Hi Phil i fixed my problem with the Biblical Facts crashing

I received a email from a Logos person ask me for my Logs and screen capture .

I just change The Region on my mac i was in United States (computer) and change to Spain -- Chile or a costume Region ...

1. Click the Apple in the top left-hand corner.
  2. Click “System Preferences.”
  3. Click “Language and Text.”
  4. Click the “Region” button.
  5. Change the region

Now works and no more crashes 

I hope this works for you

PD: i'm sorry for my english

Posts 6
Phil Sena | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:28 AM

Thank you very much, Gustavo! That worked for me. I had a "Custom" region because I changed AM and PM to lowercase. When I set it to the default for United States, I was able to open the Bible Facts.

I don't know how you found it, but I'm sure Logos will appreciate knowing! Smile

Thanks again!

-Phil

Posts 294
Gustavo Bentos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:35 AM

Great!!!

Too much credit for me.

Tommy Ball from Logos was who find this solution 

Posts 51
Timothy Yeung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:17 PM

Yes, it is very strange phenomenon. My computer is originally set at "Hong Kong SAR China", as suggested in previous post, I decided to switch to US, no more crash. Then, if I set back to Hong Kong, it crashes. I try to switch to Australia - no crash. Once set back to Hong Kong - crash. Confused

Posts 100
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 9:53 PM

Timothy Yeung:

Yes, it is very strange phenomenon. My computer is originally set at "Hong Kong SAR China", as suggested in previous post, I decided to switch to US, no more crash. Then, if I set back to Hong Kong, it crashes. I try to switch to Australia - no crash. Once set back to Hong Kong - crash. Confused

Possibly a crash caused by memory corruption in the Logos App due to a bug in the localization code.

Posts 16
JoonHui Looi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 7:08 PM

I am facing the same issue. E-mailed Logos support team. Was helping me with a few steps but did not work. Now they have stopped replying me and left me hanging.

I tried Gustavo method and it worked. However, it doesn't make sense I have to change region that I am not in. Attached is my log file

1234.LogosLogs.JoonHui-MBP.20130721-100547.zip

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS