Logos 5.1 installation problem

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 3 2013 1:06 AM

I seemingly installed update 5.1 without error on my Windows 7 (x64) system. But I found that if I run "update resources," then the file audleb.logos4  (1.2 MB) is downloaded but not installed. I have tried deleting the updates.db and downloadmanager.db files. I have tried using the scan command to get the file from the Downloaded folder to the Resources folder. Nothing works. I have tried rebooting my computer as well. If I rerun "update resources" it just downloads again and doesn't install. Any ideas?

Posts 19192
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 1:24 AM

That is probably a file you aren't even supposed to have. From the filename, it looks like an audio version of the Lexham English Bible, which is still in pre-pub. It was probably downloaded to you buy mistake, but since that resource isn't unlocked in your installation of Logos, it would not have installed. You'll probably just have to sit tight and wait until this resource makes it out of prepub. (Have you placed a pre-pub order for it, BTW? Is it something you want to have? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it.)

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 1:39 AM

Rosie is only partially correct. Although the LEB audio Bible is in pre-pub as a stand alone product, it's also available now to users of most L5 base packages (i.e. those who have the LEB).

1.2Mb is slightly too small for the audio file, so it's possible the download isn't completing. Turning on permanent logging, then  update resources and uploading the resulting indexer logs is going to be necessary, I think. If you prefer to try and download the file manually and scan, the URL is below

https://s3.amazonaws.com/resources.assets.logos.com/lls_audleb/2013-06-04T17_32_21Z/AUDLEB.logos4 

But, more importantly, check to see if you have a licence by going to the URL below and seeing if the 'pre-order' button is greyed out for you:

http://www.logos.com/product/27751/lexham-english-bible-audio-new-testament

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:37 AM

It seems I do have a license, since the prepub button on the web site is grayed out. I downloaded the file to c:\install (1691 KB), ran the command "scan c:\install", and restarted Logos. It still wants to download 1.2 MB and audleb.logos4 reappeared in the download folder. I guess I'll have to create some log files and post them for analysis.

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:49 AM

I ran Update Resources. Seemingly, it downloaded 1.2 MB. I restarted Logos. No joy. Here are the log files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

6114.LogosIndexer.zip

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:49 AM

Darren, the logs files don't tell me anything that is helpful. There are a couple of rejected metadata titles but neither is the LEB audio file.

Below is a snip of my Resources folder. Can you verify the same information for the file you have?

The only thing I can think of is that the downloaded file is somehow defective. I wonder if you've tried the direct link to the file that Mark Barnes gave you?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:56 AM

Yes, I did try the direct download and ran "scan c:\install". Nothing happened. The file currently stuck in the ...ResourceManager\Downloaded\LLS_AUDLEB folder is 1691 kb and is dated 6/4/2013, 5:19:55 PM. It has the same byte size as the direct download file.

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 1:29 PM

It sounds like the file is not the problem. You might try to repair Logos 5 from Control Panel > Uninstall or Change a Program. Otherwise if no one from Logos looks in, I'd call Logos Customer Service.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 1:34 PM

Tried Repair from Control Panel. I still get the same behavior. I guess I'll call Customer Service next week, when I have some free time. Thanks for the help!

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 1:52 PM

If you do call and they can fix the problem it would be nice to know what was going on and how it was fixed in case someone else experiences the same problem.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:09 PM

The problem was with the licenses.dat file in the LicenseManager folder. The remedy is to close Logos, rename the file, restart Logos, run Update Resources, restart Logos when the download is complete, then wait till indexing is done. Then the Marv Allen voice becomes available as an option in the Read Aloud panel.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS