LEB read along feature is NOT improved

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 5569
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 10:13 AM

Rev. Bob Higle:

To Mark,

Thank you, I have rebooted several times - no luck. Even tried update now - still no luck. The LEB audio file described above never was downloaded.

Bob

I know this discussion has moved on from here, but Mark suggested the update resources command (not "update now"). I'm not sure this would solve this issue, but it might.

BTW, is the LEB your default Bible? I only ask because, there was an earlier bug that involved updating components on a default Bible. The solution then was to temporarily select another Bible as a default Bible, restart Logos and then type the update resources command.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3157
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:10 AM

I'm investigating this issue. 

Posts 16
Pastor Bob Higle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:32 AM

Richard

My default bible is NRSV. 

The LEB audio component works correctly on my iPad and iPhone. 

II am presently reinstalling Logos 5 from the ground up.

i minimally need my read aloud feature to work. Having the LEB audio addin is a plus on top of the default read along feature fully operational.

bob

Posts 8112
LogosEmployee

Dennis Audet:

I found the AUDLEB.logos4 in the following path -

C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\{random string}\ResourceManager\Downloaded\LLS_AUBLEB

Can anyone help?

It's possible that this could be a licensing issue. You should have a license to the new resource, but perhaps Logos 5.1 has failed to recognise that for some reason.

Please try shutting down Logos 5, then deleting (or renaming) the following file:

C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\{random string}\LicenseManager\Licenses.dat

Then restart Logos 5 (working online, so it can download the latest licenses). If the Audio LEB still isn't working, run "update resources" one more time, and let me know if that helped at all.

Posts 8112
LogosEmployee

Joshua Lieder:

I have been reading they improved the read along feature for the LEB Bible.

um...guys....not on mine.  I updated and its still that female computer voice that is nearly unintelligible.

We're investigating this problem. I've made a server-side change that may fix the problem. Please restart Logos 5 then run "update resources" again.

Posts 8112
LogosEmployee

Richard DeRuiter:

BTW, is the LEB your default Bible? I only ask because, there was an earlier bug that involved updating components on a default Bible. The solution then was to temporarily select another Bible as a default Bible, restart Logos and then type the update resources command.

The "default Bible bug" was fixed quite some time ago. (But even if it hadn't been fixed, it wouldn't affect audio resources.) So changing default Bibles should be unnecessary.

Posts 5569
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:53 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
The "default Bible bug" was fixed quite some time ago.

Yes I knew that, but sometimes bugs find a way to reappear.

(But even if it hadn't been fixed, it wouldn't affect audio resources.)

In defense of that suggestion:
It seems to me that the previous bug affected the implementation of an updated reverse interlinear (I'm going by memory here). The thought of a similar issue (something new, related to a Bible component not working), crossed my mind and I was wondering if it could be related. Obviously it's not. But as a user I have no way of knowing this. So for issues where there are unknowns, I think it's reasonable to suggest some 'out of the box' possibilities, if for no other reason than to eliminate them.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 16
Pastor Bob Higle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 12:45 PM

Bradley,

Thanks for this ... I did go to my desktop which was converted from Libronix 3 to Logos 4 then to Logos 5. The standard read along feature operated correctly. The LEB addin was not present but it did read along using the Computer's standard voices.

I then performed a "update resource" command which said it had content to download. I started LOGOS 5 up again but no LEB addin

That was about the time I read your post. I then went to inspect the "download" directory as you pointed out and there was the file. I exited LOGOS 5 after it had completed indexing (looking at the library did not indicate what it downloaded)

I renamed the license file as your recommended and then started LOGOS 5 back up.

LOGOS 5 took 45 minutes with the LOGOS blue start up screen before returning the grey "Preparing your library ... this may take away" message. The AUDLEB file remains in the Downloaded subdirectory.

Once LOGOS returns me to my normally scheduled activities, I will attempt "update resources" (again) and post my results

I trust you realize I now have two machines that are down for the count. Sad

Bob

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 12:46 PM

Please try shutting down Logos 5, then deleting (or renaming) the following file:

C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\{random string}\LicenseManager\Licenses.dat

Then restart Logos 5 (working online, so it can download the latest licenses). If the Audio LEB still isn't working, run "update resources" one more time, and let me know if that helped at all.

This solution worked for me.  I had to go all the way through to "update resources", but I have the other voice now.

Thanks!  Smile

Posts 10449
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 1:03 PM

Bradley's 'delete your licenses ... trust us' worked. Audio in business.

Posts 16
Pastor Bob Higle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 1:25 PM

My desktop just became fully functional after 

1 deleting the license file

2 starting up LOGOS again

3 type in the command "update resources" 

4 download and install really found resources

5 starting up LOGOS again

6 open up the LEB bible and select the Marv Allen narrator voice

thanks

Posts 8112
LogosEmployee

Thank you everyone for confirming that deleting the licenses worked. That really helps narrow down the possible causes of the problem, and it's something we can fix here on the server side (for all customers), so this shouldn't need to be a routine troubleshooting step.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:38 PM

Rev. Bob Higle:

Here's the stats on the notebook:

Observation: AMD A6-4400M is currently # 297 on a benchmark list of mobile CPU's => http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmarklist.2436.0.html  that is closer to Logos minimum hardware => http://www.logos.com/support/tech-faq

Toshiba L875D => http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/L870/L875D-S7232 has an AMD Radeon HD 7640G, which is currently # 203 on a benchmark list of mobile graphic cards => http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

By way of comparison, am using Windows 7 on a $ 720 Dell Outlet 17R Special Edition laptop with Sata III Solid State Disk (SSD) added for Logos 5:

Since SSD is a secondary storage device, Windows 7 experience shows slower 5400 RPM drive.  The i7-3610QM CPU is currently # 35 in mobile CPU benchmark list while the NVidia GeForce GT 650M is currently # 42.  My favorite Logos 5 feature is visual filter highlighting, which can still take awhile to appear on this laptop; hence pondering upgrade later this year and cognizant that performance improvement needs to be over 15 % faster to be humanly noticeable.

Note: Windows 8 Experience numbers are lower than 7 => http://garvis.ca/2012/08/21/windows-8-experience-index-what-it-means-and-how-to-check-it/ and => http://communities.intel.com/thread/30266

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:12 PM

I tried Update Resources again at 10:30 p.m., and it still didn't work. So I deleted licenses.dat and tried again. That did the trick. Thanks!

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:13 AM

My LEB audio version finally works...yay.  Thanks Logos and forum posters.

Posts 2
Christopher de Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 3:41 AM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this fix did not work for me. Closed Logos (6.7.0.0036), deleted Licenses.dat from my LicenseManager directory (on my system it's E:\Logos\Logos5\Data\dgcnhgrq.yul\LicenseManager as I use a custom path), re-opened the program, saw that Licences.dat got re-created automagically, ran Update resources, No updates were found, but still I've got a hiccupy robot voice where Marv Allen's voice should be. Any other thoughts?

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 5:17 AM

Christopher de Vidal:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this fix did not work for me.

Welcome to the forums Christopher. Sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this. If I were you I would call Customer Service to see if they could help.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2
Christopher de Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 5:18 AM

Ok, I just hoped someone had thoughts on this. It's not a huge hairy deal but if it gets that way I'll call them.

Posts 27961
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 5:39 AM

Christopher de Vidal:

Ok, I just hoped someone had thoughts on this. It's not a huge hairy deal but if it gets that way I'll call them.

Welcome as well! Smile

it would be best for you to create a new thread in the L6 forum. Explain your issue clearly and provide appropriate details. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 5:43 AM

I am experiencing a similar issue. The system narrator plays whether Marv Allen is selected or not. I rarely use the function, so I just realized it was not working upon reading Christopher's post.

BTW: I tested on 2 different Windows 7 machines.

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS