Visual filter for anarthrous Greek nouns

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 7 2013 4:52 AM

I wanted to set up a visual filter for anarthrous nouns, but the forum threads that I found on the subject suggested that it was not possible in Logos 4/5.

However, I have found a solution. Essentially I used the first line of the filter to highlight all nouns (underlined in green). I then used a second line to cancel out that highlighting (underlined in white, assuming a white background) for arthrous nouns.

I'm posting in case it is of use to someone else.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 7 2013 5:18 AM

Interesting solution. Thanks for sharing!

Posts 27047
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 7 2013 5:32 AM

Jonathan Pitts:
I'm posting in case it is of use to someone else.

Well done, Jonathan. White is the closest to my light grey text background that the colour picker allows and is almost invisible.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 7 2013 8:14 AM

I should just point out that the second line of the filter also marks the article itself. Therefore, any equivalent highlighting (in my example, underlining) of the article from other filters will be lost.

Posts 371
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 7 2013 8:36 AM

I wonder if one could do the same thing for infinitives where the presence or absence of the article is also important to translation?

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 7 2013 9:11 AM

That is helpful Jonathan. Thanks.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 9 2013 5:25 AM

Lonnie Spencer:

I wonder if one could do the same thing for infinitives where the presence or absence of the article is also important to translation?

I see no reason why not. One line to find all infinitives and a second to find those with an article up to however many words before.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS