Random Scripture Reference Showing Up on Image Slideshow

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 26
Jason Fletcher | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 9 2013 7:47 AM

We are the middle of VBS this week. 

Each night closes with some discussion questions that I have loaded in as .jpg slidproclaim screenshot

Loading Proclaim this morning it made me download an update 1.10.0.1411

Upon loading my image slideshow for tonight it now shows "John 1:1-2 ESV" in the upper lefthand corner on each of these slides. I don't know where it found that reference as it is not on any slide. The only way I figured out to get the reference off the screen is that in presentation mode by clicking "No Text" it will disappear. Only problem is that I have to manually click that on each slide and only in presentation mode. I can't figure out how to make is disappear in edit mode or really where it came from to begin with.

Posts 41
Rick Goettsche | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 9 2013 1:13 PM

I've noticed exactly the same thing while working on this week's presentation. Same scripture passage and version. Clearly there's some sort of bug, because I can't figure out why it's displaying or how to get rid of it either.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 9 2013 1:27 PM

We will be shipping a fix for this shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 16
Rob Tevis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 9 2013 1:38 PM

I get it too - any way to fix this sooner than later?

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 9 2013 4:10 PM

Rob, 

The fix has been shipped! Thankyou for bringing this to my attention so promptly!

-Travis

Posts 2
Sharon Sandoval | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:25 PM

Hi Travis,

I am having the same problem with the scripture reference showing up on my image slideshow.

I am unsure of what you mean by it has been shipped. I am still having the problem.

I know sometimes when I run the program it will ask me if I want to update the program. I have skipped this

process since I had forgotten the user ID and password. I now have it, but it is not asking me anymore to update.

Where can I go to update manually? Or will that even help with this problem?

Was wondering if you could help me out?

Thanks,

Sharon

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 9:09 PM

Sharon Sandoval:
Where can I go to update manually? Or will that even help with this problem?

Download the latest version from proclaimonline.com and it will update your current version.

Posts 2
Sharon Sandoval | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 10:19 PM

Thank you Scott! That worked and also solved the problem! Big Smile

Posts 152
Chris Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 12:05 AM

Thanks for pushing the fix out so quickly. We are in the middle of our VBS as well and were really scratching our heads trying to figure out where that was coming from.

Platform Details for Alpha/Beta Testing Reference:

• Windows 7 Home Premium x64
  • Intel Core2 Duo P7450 @ 2.13GHz
  • 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • Logos 4 Gold

Posts 212
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 7:21 AM

Same problem for me as the rest Sharon - and the PC version is fixed, but my Ipad still has the same reference issue. 

Thanks for all your attention. 

Posts 212
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 7:22 AM

Sorry - that was meant for SCOTT!

Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:37 AM

Reid A Ferguson:
Same problem for me as the rest Sharon - and the PC version is fixed, but my Ipad still has the same reference issue. 

Do you mean you get this reference displayed on your iPad when using it to remotely control Proclaim?

Or do you mean something else?

Posts 212
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:49 AM

Correct, the random reference displays on my IPad slides when I use it to remotely control Proclaim. However the reference DOES NOT appear on the PC screen. I have not yet seen if it does or does not appear on the projector screen images.

NOTE: It appears on some slides only. Specifically, the ones where I took a stored image and created a "slideshow" slide within Proclaim.  

In addition however, on several Bible slides created within Proclaim - the Scripture reference is truncated and slightly overlapping the first verse in the citation, though it too is not on every slide. In this case it is true in Genesis 22:1-12 and Exodus 9:13-21. Odd, but not terrible.  

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 10:25 AM

Reid A Ferguson:
Correct, the random reference displays on my IPad slides when I use it to remotely control Proclaim

We'll get a fix for this server side issue shortly. Thanks for alerting us.

Posts 212
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 10:29 AM

Thank you!

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 10:58 AM

We have shipped a fix for the server side rendering of Image Slideshows. Thank you for your patience.

Posts 212
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:22 AM

Awesome. We are most grateful.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS