Where do new resources open?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:35 AM

Does anyone know how Logos 4 decides where on the screen open a new resource, from the library or from a hyperlink.

I am trying to set up layout with three panes: a bible, a commentary and third pane where hyperlinks open. At the moment the new resource always opens on top of the commentary. I have tried selecting send hyperlinks here, but they still open in a different place.

Posts 21
Tom Weil | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:38 AM

I'd love to know also. Maybe Mo could chime in on thisw one.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:44 AM

JonathanPitts:

Does anyone know how Logos 4 decides where on the screen open a new resource, from the library or from a hyperlink.

I am trying to set up layout with three panes: a bible, a commentary and third pane where hyperlinks open. At the moment the new resource always opens on top of the commentary. I have tried selecting send hyperlinks here, but they still open in a different place.

From what I've read here on another thread with a similar question, L4 tries to open like resources in the same pane as similar ones. So Bibles are supposed to open in the same pane as other Bibles, commentaries, with commentaries, etc. But this doesn't always happen as one would expect.

I don't believe it's possible to set up a pane that would catch all hyperlinks, or lock a pane from receiving hyperlinks (which would make a work-around possible).

You may want to make this a suggestion, in the suggestion forum.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
MorrisProctorEmployee
Morris Proctor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:48 PM

Hey Thomas,
I’m happy to chime in on this one, but I can’t add anything to what Richard said. I spoke with Bradley about this very issue a couple of weeks ago at our first Camp Logos for 4 and he communicated practically verbatim Richard’s comments.

Posts 1672
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 10:01 PM

JonathanPitts:
...At the moment the new resource always opens on top of the commentary. ...

Jonathan, what I do is to type into the Command box on the toolbar, "Open [your resource name here]" The name appears below the command box, and you can drag it to the pane you want.

In that example, I typed "open esv."  Don't press Enter: just drag the blue highlight to the target pane.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 12:17 AM

Allen Browne:
In that example, I typed "open esv."  Don't press Enter: just drag the blue highlight to the target pane.

Thanks for that. It looks pretty simple and nice.

Bohuslav

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 1:11 AM

Thanks Allen, that's a useful tip.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS