Getting a PDF file into LOGOS

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 47
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 13 2013 1:22 PM

Greetings,

I just upgraded to v.5 and was wondering if there is a way (even using Libronix) to get a PDF file imported to LOGOS?  I have some AGES libraries (John Owen, Spurgeon) that would be nice to get over into my LOGOS program.

Thanks always for your thoughts and time to help.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2013 1:28 PM

Hello Michael,

This is possible, but requires two steps and probably a fair amount of editing:

1. Convert from PDF into Microsoft Word. You could Google for software that does this, although Microsoft Word 2013 does a pretty reasonable job.
  2. Import the resulting MS Word document into Logos as a Personal Book.
Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2013 7:32 PM

Hi Marks. Have you finished your study of PHD?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1952
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2013 4:55 PM

Mark Barnes:
Microsoft Word 2013 does a pretty reasonable job.

I've been using Word 2013 a lot lately to convert PDFs, with fairly good success (not sure what bad success looks like Roll Eyes). If the PDFs has functioning, "live" footnotes, Word will generally bring them over to .docx functioning. I have done this with some PDFs from ccel.org.

I have found that Word chokes out on some really large PDFs and provides a nondescript error message when opening. Maybe the large PDFs require splitting up first.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2013 5:50 PM

Robert M. Warren:
I have found that Word chokes out on some really large PDFs and provides a nondescript error message when opening. Maybe the large PDFs require splitting up first.

PDF stands for "Portable Document Folder." Some PDF's are largely made up of scanned images (photocopies) of printed material, rather than selectable text. I'm not sure if the "really large" PDF's you are talking about fit into that category or not, but I would assume Word would have difficulties converting those kinds of PDF's.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS