L5 Mac Display Bug - Library Window won't disappear

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 13 2013 11:23 PM

OSX 10.8.4 & L5.1 SR-1

I was working to set up a custom reading plan and in my experimenting I found that the library window would not close. Even when closing all panes and going back to the home page it still would not close.  I had to shut down Logos to make it go away. (See screenshot below)

While I am on the topic, this library window takes a long time to populate. I don't know if that is due to the age of my computer, a bug or sub-optimal coding.  If you wait long enough it populates, but it takes much longer than most L5 activities.

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2013 6:33 AM

I found that that happened once after I updated to 5.1 SR1. Also noticed that the book title links were not active so obviously some bug in the code. In the end by clicking the Library icon I could make the (fake) window go away. I say 'fake' because it is not a normal OS X window/dialog, it's some non-standard Logos device. You also cannot close it by pressing Command-W. If you open the Library by pressing Command-L you get a normal OS X window.

Also - I still see that Logos does not remember the last window size for the library, really annoying having to resize all the time on a large screen..... sigh. Wish they would add that.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 27774
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:29 AM

Very strange! I've never seen that. Tongue Tied

As for the library populating... I bet you are using "tile" rather than "detail" View, right? I never use "tile" view, but some other users have discovered that "tile" view is susceptible to this issue... I reported it somewhere... 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS